Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so lets get away from anything to do with (T&A).

Show us your Hat's.

I have an Akubra "Bobby" from the 70's, it's been round AU a couple of times and to many countries OS.

It was broken in by filling it with water, shaping it and letting it dry completely before removing, has held it's shape well and still in good nick although the inside has fallen apart. It has also been in the swimming pool many times.

What is your method of break in?

Attachments

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
got me a Les hat :)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Truckster, haven't heard of Les for a number of years, what's he doing now?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, that answers the question! since 2008, nothing. Loved his shows, had the opportunity to put some of his alternate tucker tips to the test when we were up in the Kimberley's years ago.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,790 Posts
Don't use one, cant find one big enough to fit my fat head.

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
This is Ol' Stinky, Whilst not in the same class of awesome as some of the real hats shown, it does have a sweaty charm and no matter how much i hate it, i cant stop wearing it, plus it disguises the fact i have a freakishly small head for someone who is 6'3"

Long live ol' stinky.

P.s it was black once upon a time.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
my mate brought a new akubra and it looked too shiny so i shot it. he got all upset coz the bullet broke the band. so i let him shoot my hat trap style... he shot it about 1 meter from the end of the shotty barrel and blew the hole back of the hat out. i still got that one somwhere.
my new one keeps shrinking so i gota do the hold fill with water and ware it till it drys trick every few weeks

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
haha so thats what you do with a hat? it goes on ur head.. jeez who'd ever have guesed that.
can't wait till the missus gets home so i can tell her my new discovery

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I wear hats, long sleeves, sunnies, but i hate sunscreen. When paddling i wear glove thingos to protect my hands. I cannot STAND glare (i have different sized pupils so gleare fuqs with my balance and gives me a headache something shocking)... I love th e sun too, but i have other things i want to die from...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts