Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to be a 2 inch lift been thinking of the old man emu kit i had this in the last car found it to be good but there is a big difference between a hilux and a patrol.

what do people think of the old man emu on a 2010 patrol or should i look at a different brand

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
They are the best in their price range..

50% will say ****, 50% will say good. Same as everybrand...

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,449 Posts
Got OME & would get it again

OME in a 2008 ST, very happy with it - firm, but handles well on tar and is great offroad with the tyres down a bit.

I believe the "2 inch" OME lift is approximate; as I understand it, OME does their kits rated on stiffness, and mine is the 'medium' kit. The idea being that rather than 2" lift which drops 2" when you're fully loaded, you only drop 0.5" to 1", while remaining within the spring's working range.

Will dig out the invoice & let you know what's on it. With 33" STTs mine is still lower than Ricknjo's 2008 which has a 2" Dobinsons lift and stock tyres.

·
Registered
nissan
35 Posts
Marco81

Check the prices first, I have just fitted a set of Bilsteins to my wifes 90. I got them from eshocks in the states just over $500AUD delivered (including steering damper). Was going to fit OME but they were much more expensive over here.

Ivan

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Hi Marco81,
I have the old man emu set up with the 2 inch lift using LTR Shockers drives really well
LTRs are a whole world of difference from Nitrochargers.. also about 10times the price :)

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
We fit OME at work being an ARB stockist ther are OK, but I prefer EFS over most other products except the top end products.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im now thinking of tough dog setup for only $150 more than ome the ome is $1000 and tough dog is $1150 i dont know the more i look the more options the harder it is

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
My experience? LT/Rs are the same valving as the normal Nitrochargers, just more oil and gas with the remote reservoir - until it falls off!

For the same kind of money as an LT/R; you can buy much better quality shocks with better valving (King or Fox for instance). Enough research has happened certainly in the last 12months in regards to shock valving for heavy trucks that i feel OME is behind the ball these days. One of the few Pros to them would be their availability around the country. Something you have to weigh up i guess.

My 2 cents? Ridepro ROX.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU6
98 Posts
im about to be a 2 inch lift been thinking of the old man emu kit i had this in the last car found it to be good but there is a big difference between a hilux and a patrol.

what do people think of the old man emu on a 2010 patrol or should i look at a different brand
I have just put on Koni 88s with Aurora springs. The guys at Guests in fairfield did the set up with a 2 inch lift and its a great ride

cheers

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
I had a 2" OME GU lift on my GQ for many year and it was faultless. Comfortable, Plush.

I swapped some of it out for some Tough Dog JUNK! DO NOT DO TUFF DOG MATE you will be soo disappointed. its all hype and your money is better spent with OME.

I recently fitted a 3" OME kit to my GU IV using OME Sports and comp spec springs. (OME dont do anything over 2" without it being comp spec) (no warranty) And Love it!!!

Lets face it, OME has set a bench mark for many years in their price range, sure there are some high end stuff that is very very nice but the mid price stuff is all trying to be OME!.

dj Hansen suggested that OME had dropped the ball in the last 12 months??? with Valving? Umm dont know about that?

Dont get to caught up with the "fully adjustable" shocks. all that means is that the Valving is fairly basic and has no ability to adapt to ongoing imput from the terrain. ie. Drive around, adjust the shocks, find your happy place, Load the car up, drive around, adjust the shocks, find a new happy place, change terrain, adjust the shocks, drive around, find another happy place.......are you getting the idea.

The New OME sport shocks have an infinitely variable valving system that adapts to the conditions instantly and will operate based on the here and now first time every time. Why try and re-invent the wheel with a manual adjustable shock and hope that you may stumble over the possible "Correct setting" but then hope that it is suitable for every driving condition. Most people with adjustable shocks will only ever really adjust them once or twice, half the time they then seize up anyway.

With the new OME Sports shocks teh variable valving basically dampens the shock dependent on the force given to it on a single operation by single operation. Its a winner!

Go the OME mate! You will not regret it for a second. Lets face it the Chinese are still trying to catch up with every other brand nearly on the market. OME all the way!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my choice has been made and seeing i had ome in my last 4x4 and that i have just ordered them its ome got them for $1000

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
I went the Nitro Sports with 2 Inch Heavy Duty Lovells and have not had any dramas. I had the Extra Heavy Duties in the front first but that lifted it over 3inches and drove like a pig. I have since then slapped in a set of Pedders adjustable Panhard Rods, Adjustable drag link and a set of 2" Castor bushes and it now drives like a dream, even with 15x10s and 33x12.5's.

Now just about to slap a body lift in there and there will be no stopping the old GQ

1 - 20 of 22 Posts