Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
A sad Day my rig doesn't get priority in my own workshop it has been downgraded to the car parking. Replacing my parking spot is this Duramax 6.6 HD thing out of the ARK.

In its new Park looking sad.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
So what is install for the dura max Pete??
Mining special service stuff mate something different more flash, Rops etc in built part of the new tray all DOT crap and mines spec.. As you would expect the mines have adopted full safety codes like cars nowdays, Mines spec Toyota doesn't cut it anymore hence service companies have to look to this sort of rig..to carry the loads required.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
There is a long way to go yet before the mines except this sort of rig. Remember its a chev there is nothing new on this thing its built exactly the same as they were in the 60's. Everything is mussy, just doesn't seem right or strong, but it probably is, its just not what we Australians expect from a tough work horse. Engine and trans is nice different but nice, the power of the engine is ok nothing flash in near STD form but feels powerful due to mass torque in this heavy frame. This rig comes with a wopper 4 inch exhaust and a few engine mods for reliability. The conversion is outstanding nothing out of place all looks like its ment to be..I think the idea of the trial is to make it look like a flash well thoughtout setup, different so the enphasis is on nice car like features with function, not toyota tough drive it into the ground sort of thing. Maybe it will work, but i can assure you these things are not tough so there has to be a different approach. One good thing if they go ahead is there will be some cheap duramax engines/trans about in a couple of years.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,443 Posts
It's a goer and it's registered apparently, still a lot to do though from reports, I haven't seen it for a couple of months but caught up with him the other day.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am sure I have read this build thread a few times, never realized it had a triangulated rear end! And airbags look great, would be really interested on how you are setting up the airbag system, ride height sensors or manual adjustment or both? Whatever it is I am sure it is all top end gear.

Craig

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
I am sure I have read this build thread a few times, never realized it had a triangulated rear end! And airbags look great, would be really interested on how you are setting up the airbag system, ride height sensors or manual adjustment or both? Whatever it is I am sure it is all top end gear.

Craig
Full Accuair system with modified travel sensors for the travel. Oh its all new sort of..

141 - 160 of 184 Posts