Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
A little teaser for you..

Peter,
after discussing SRC shocks with you in the other thread, then I twigged that you were also doing an airbag set up. Looks good.

I see that you are using the much longer bags than I am (1T14C-8 or truckspings 5429). I thought about that but then 6 to 8" lift extension was a bit out of the bounds of my suspension geometry. I will be interested to hear how you go with handling once you have everything sorted out.

Did I read a comment somewhere that you are using the Accuair level system? I am also using the Accuair e-level height controller but do not have the sensors mounted at the moment since I fitted the hybrid front arms. I will need to re-think the mounting points for the range of movement.

For your huge amount of travel, it will be interesting to see how you manage to set up the sensors. Assuming you have the new type, at least they can rotate 180 degrees and do not risk being broken from over rotation like the earlier ones did.

Love to see how she flexes once it is all done.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 · (Edited)
Geordie I am using the IT14C front and rear but all has been changed for a ride height of about 4 inch lift in your rig or 500mm chassis ride height from ground. So it has a total straight travel of 14 inches with a 175 compression height front and rear which is within the range of the accepted running height of the air bags for ideal running ride for the pistons.

I am using the Accuair level system but using the old ride sensors, I have modified the sensors with longer control arms as it has a simple metal arm so a easy modify. Accuair suggested this but with a program change in the main controller to be a bit more sensitive for its control range, also there is adjustable for this now.. My link arms are very long compared to yours and angled so sensitivity isn't as critical as yours need to be for articulation setting. So good control for equal ride height and little control on articulation.

I didn't design the link system for articulation or travel length, these attributes were just bonuses that happened form the geometry values I was chasing. It was more a because I can more than designed.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,443 Posts
i think its time to bring this thread back from the archives,
it has to be close to being finished by now. it has to be the most unique gq in australia.
Ah Hah! I thought my Lorella post had gotten your interest, lolololol.

·
Registered
nissan
11,211 Posts
Ah Hah! I thought my Lorella post had gotten your interest, lolololol.
haha that it did. if he is contemplating taking it. means he must be considering working on it first haha. and that can only be a good thing.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,740 Posts
Most definitely. It's been talked about for many many years but very few have ever seen it in the flesh on the road. I would love to have the opportunity to do that.

I like shiny stuff

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
HaHa well i said to Ross today i really should get it finished and go to the meetup next year.

I have been doing other things that have taken my attention and devotion besides life things and closing businesses and starting new ones and doing something i really love which is design and manufacture and where i have to think outside the square.

I now have that passion you need to complete a project of your own. I really dont have much to do beside make a turbo and a pump and bleed the brakes and a tidy up.

·
Registered
Have owned most, MQ, MK, GQ/TB, GQ/TD, GU/ZD and now finally GU TD42Ti
3,315 Posts
Couldn't agree more Ben :D

Come on Pete, I've managed to get out of my shorty, into a ZD and then back into a GU TD in this time frame hahaha
Just about to fit your old W/M injection setup on the TD - I haven't decided on nozzles yet though, still pondering on placement, looking like pre-turbo to start with and potentially one more injector somewhere 🚜💨😆

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Tomorrow i am clearing out the crap around it as you know there is a lot of crap in and under the old girl, so i can actually get under the car. Just making sure the air suspension still works, and no leaks.

161 - 180 of 184 Posts