Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
Link doesn’t work. 🤔

Reactions: trev zd30

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
Nice cup holder on dash, gotta love front seat lap belts.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
Sort of surprising to see an unmolested one up for sale, most have had the service body removed by now. It's not really common to see them for sale at all any more, between 5 and 10 years ago there were always batches of MQ/GQ fire Safaris popping up but that has slowed right down.

I've always wanted to know what that black barrel thing in the engine bay is, my best guess is an additional coolant reservoir to reduce engine overheating risk while the PTO pump is in use.

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sort of surprising to see an unmolested one up for sale, most have had the service body removed by now. It's not really common to see them for sale at all any more, between 5 and 10 years ago there were always batches of MQ/GQ fire Safaris popping up but that has slowed right down.

I've always wanted to know what that black barrel thing in the engine bay is, my best guess is an additional coolant reservoir to reduce engine overheating risk while the PTO pump is in use.
I tend to agree,adding volume will certainly help moderate the spikes

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
I tend to agree,adding volume will certainly help moderate the spikes
Yes it will, and running a high volume water pump on a firetruck would take a fair bit of power, and until the fan clutch engages there isn't any notable air flow through the radiator with a stationary vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts