Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Y62 2013
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Before I even thought about driving a car I've always wanted to have it in Matte but the traffic laws here didn't allow it, just recently they announced that it is allowed.

But I'm confused as to what color I should do it....

Here are some pics of my car, what do you think I should go with?

Also if I change the Color should I change the trim or leave it matte black?

Edit:
The Current Color is Nissans' Bronze-Grey Color (Code KAC) with matte Black trim and rims.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
After seeing a few Matte black cars getting around, I quite like it. And if you go for a vinyl cover you can always sell it with the vinyl or without.

·
Registered
Nissan Y62 2013
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After seeing a few Matte black cars getting around, I quite like it. And if you go for a vinyl cover you can always sell it with the vinyl or without.

Yeah I like the matte black too but whats holding me back on it is that it's the most common color.

And I can't do it by wrapping :( only paint

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
Why can't you do a wrap?

I can't see any problem with it being the most common colour, unless you want the least common colour. In which case I can't advise because I disagree with red. Red is a ****ing crap colour and you should not do it.

·
Registered
Nissan Y62 2013
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why can't you do a wrap?

I can't see any problem with it being the most common colour, unless you want the least common colour. In which case I can't advise because I disagree with red. Red is a ****ing crap colour and you should not do it.

It's what they allowed (Only Paint and not Resemble government colors)

LoL I just want something that looks good but I just wanted to change a bit from the Black.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Your truck looks good,, the wheels look a bit rough though, like the paint has faded.

If you really wanna change the colour then I'd go for white, it's the best colour for a 4wd,, especially in a hot place like Australia or Middle East.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
920 Posts
Your truck looks good,, the wheels look a bit rough though, like the paint has faded.

If you really wanna change the colour then I'd go for white, it's the best colour for a 4wd,, especially in a hot place like Australia or Middle East.
x2.

White is the best color, more visible in dark sides, cooler, and in the second hand cars white always sold first

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
Matte white looks pretty cool, but i think your cars stock colour does to?

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,016 Posts
It's what they allowed (Only Paint and not Resemble government colors)

LoL I just want something that looks good but I just wanted to change a bit from the Black.
What about Plasti-Dip?
Easy to put on and pull off, if the authorities don't like it, just peel it off.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
The Matte wrap is good but I think if you took it offroad it would get damaged. I guess it is ok as maybe cheaper to replace wrap compared with respray??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan Y62 2013
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Plasti Dip costs around $1400 for the whole car whereas paint is just $450 so... Paint is much better xD

I'm thinking of the matte Bronze like just the same color but matte... Search Matte Bronze Car on google images and see the pic of the Mercedes Benz SLS... It's about the same color that'll show if I just do it on the same color that I currently have on my car.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
x2 for matte bronze!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts