Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mates son works for PWR as an apprentice. Hmmm'

natrad quoted me $850 fitted, i had a look at it, doesnt look to hard to install. 2-3 hours work to save $500, hell yes

·
Registered
nissan
8,978 Posts
I will be, Ill be replacing every hose on the thing, oil system is getting turned upside down, ceramic manifolds BB turbo, enough braided hose to redo the house plumbing blah blah

Its only money :(

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Hi all, another vote for PWR, good stuff.;)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
IMWO a radiator is one of those things to do right and not be cheap on.

Welcome to owning a 4wd. They arent cheap.

YMMV

·
Registered
Nissan
19 Posts
Hhmm....Chinese made is it?

Mate, if you use yours out in rough buy something like PRW because when that cheap imported part fails in the middle of no where land you'll (& your mates) will wish you'd spent that extra cash.

I wouldn't second guess cheap imports.

My 2cents.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I just purchased one of these. It has so far been perfect. Prob the same factory that made the original.
Was 33 degrees here yesterday and I went on a beach run and even working hard on the soft stuff the needle didnt move. I am happy with what I have got.
Hate to tell you but most stuff is made in China these days. Just have to look and see how quiet the wharf is when its Chinese new year.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,620 Posts
I just purchased one of these. It has so far been perfect. Prob the same factory that made the original.
Was 33 degrees here yesterday and I went on a beach run and even working hard on the soft stuff the needle didnt move. I am happy with what I have got.
Hate to tell you but most stuff is made in China these days. Just have to look and see how quiet the wharf is when its Chinese new year.
X2
Even the best kit is still produced in China these days.
I may be cynical but its all a lottery to me.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Was 33 degrees here yesterday and I went on a beach run and even working hard on the soft stuff the needle didnt move.
If that really is the case then either the GU gauges aren't as accurate as the GQ ones or it's not working properly.
A car should get hotter than normal if you 'work it hard' on soft sand on a 33 degree day.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Bit more than 3 x the ebay one, work of art though.... not much else Id trust for what Im about to do.
Looks like Ben already has one for his 2.8. Give PWR a ring

·
Registered
419 Posts
If that really is the case then either the GU gauges aren't as accurate as the GQ ones or it's not working properly.
A car should get hotter than normal if you 'work it hard' on soft sand on a 33 degree day.

GU temp gauge is made to hide problems until they get bad..

It'll sit at about half until the temp gets critical, then it'll rise.

I'm not sure of the exact temps that it moves but it has been posted here somewhere before.

·
Registered
nissan
8,978 Posts
It gets to the middle about 75 and stays till about 105ish.

PWR6291 (ZD30) fits the 2.8, send PWR an email requesting the drawings and measure the one in your truck. Thats what i did. The radiator cap on the PWR is not a blank but will let go at 16psi, the actual radiator cap on the 2.8s coolant reservior blows at approx 13psi or 0.9bar so the vechiles pressure release is still set to OEM specs....

PWR6291 is a bit over 1100ish + freight which was $25 for me from the gold coast to bris, once you pay they actually make it so expect about a fortnight from payment till delivery. Im also fitting a big PWR front mount oil cooler to ensure the oil temp is kept under control - very expensive exercise in total but Im not chancing anything.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts