Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
unreal.thats not like cutting a corner with a tyre over the line.think that earns loss of licence for life.leaves me speechless that I have to share a road with people like that

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,728 Posts
:shock: :crazy:

Foo

Reactions: Don

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Is anyone using a gopro at work or pleasure on the roads. Were using them at work now and I got a gopro 3 last year but have yet to use it.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,608 Posts
:shock:....The roads are bad enough without fcuktards like these on the roads. FB comments say it all really!

Would be interesting to see how this finally plays out!

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,049 Posts
What in the fukk?
Wrong side of the road around a blind corner?
The stupid fukwit should lose his/her license for 10 years.

There's one blind corner near my place that I've taken to going round at about 15-20km/h because retards can't keep their car in their own bloody lane, but nothing even close to that bad.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
I was in the exact same position late last year not far from home, I'm hard up against an embankment in an 80k zone with nowhere to go and this Moron in a hilux comes around the bend on my side, we missed by inches, frightened the s*** out of me and hopefully had some effect on him.

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Looks kinda like the roads on the way to St Helens in Tassie. My mate from there says it's all too common for people to hug the wrong side on blind corners in that area.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
F you could almost read the number plate just before it hit.

So will we see an add soon:
Patrol Ute For Sale SOME PANEL DAMAGE:
White GU series V, LED light bar may still be working.

I had a close call with a Porsche Cayenne around a blind corner like that on the road up from Harrietville to Hotham. When I went over for the Patrol High Country meet up, the road had been closed and I was the first car allowed up. I figure that the dick in the Porsche was the first car on the way down and had thought he had the full width of the road on corners all to himself.
He certainly would have got a big surprise when he met me. Lucky he had better brakes and reactions than I did cos he went into the dirt at the side of the road rather than me. Would have been really close to going over the edge of the drop too. Big brown pants moment so I pulled over further up the hill to let a bit of other traffic past and calm the nerves before continuing alive.

Driving in that sort of country is fun but would become a risk if you are driving it every day and bloody stressful just waiting for the day when some other retard to come around the corner on your side.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was in the exact same position late last year not far from home, I'm hard up against an embankment in an 80k zone with nowhere to go and this Moron in a hilux comes around the bend on my side, we missed by inches, frightened the s*** out of me and hopefully had some effect on him.
i've had a few of those.
one missed me, just. but he fishtailed badly, if there had been anyone behind me they would have been hit.
the latest one he swerved out of the way but still hit on his rear door. cops let him off with a warning ffs!
unfortunately i didn't have the camera in those vehicles.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,608 Posts
Unfortunately my BIL and I had a logging truck out lincola way play chicken with us on the road to Jamison. We were traveling up hill and ended up in the ditch after coming to a stop within 10m of seeing each other on a blind sweeping bend. Scared the **** out of us, we all took a minute and apologized over radios and headed on our way!

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
i've had a few of those.
one missed me, just. but he fishtailed badly, if there had been anyone behind me they would have been hit.
the latest one he swerved out of the way but still hit on his rear door. cops let him off with a warning ffs!
unfortunately i didn't have the camera in those vehicles.
I've had my camera since around that time, it was that incident that made me get one but I've never looked at the footage, the other day a young W***** shot between me and a vehicle in the other lane with about 2mm to spare (in the city not out on the highway) anyway got home and decided to have a look and see how it came up, bloody hell clear as crystal, rego plate and all, so if it had been a different ending I could have used it, bloody glad I've got it now, but it doesn't do you much good if it's the last thing you see :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Exactly geeyoutoo, unfortunately sometimes even the video evidence and defensive driving won't do you any good if some D***head come around the corner on your side head on. Bit like the Black Box flight recorder.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
while it may be no good for you as your dead, the evidence left behind can help police etc and that can help other people. someone else may get to live because of the info the camera provides.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
while it may be no good for you as your dead, the evidence left behind can help police etc and that can help other people. someone else may get to live because of the info the camera provides.
Oh! Fully agree, but I said it doesn't do you much good ;).

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
My mate lost half his head as a passenger in a car that cut a corner, killed him outright.

I DO NOT cut corners or cross the white line for that reason.

·
Registered
nissan
479 Posts
What kind of cameras do you use? Something that turns on automatically on ignition, off with ignition and doesn't need to be downloaded all the time?
Idiots on the road scare the shot out off me

·
Registered
NIssan
882 Posts
There are plenty of cameras out there of varying quality. They normally plug into your cigarette lighter socket and come on with the ignition and have SD cards to capture the footage.

Some have inbuilt GPS for location and speed. Some have dual cameras and record what happens inside the car also. Still others have a remote camera you can stick on your rear screen to record behind. It all depends on what you want. I'm currently running a $40 cheapie with no GPS and single camera. Does the job just fine and when I want to access the footage I either plug the camera into my PC or remove the SD card and put it in a reader on the PC.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts