Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
11,909 Posts
The fridge vent has to be blocked off now to get a cert to sell them. Apparently doesn't meet current regs.
I just stuck some duct tape under mine for the inspection and all was good with the world.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
no.. Its at Halls Jayco Mildura. And its an outback.

·
Here To Be Entertained
11,909 Posts
It's good that it has the offside awning and rear awning. Make life a lot better on rainy days so you can have windows open for air flow.

·
Here To Be Entertained
11,909 Posts

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,259 Posts
Same age as mine but I think someone May of redone those seats. I haven’t seen any in that fabric before.

That’s fabulous 2005 colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Dont want a plippn hawk..

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
pull out beds are buggers and I recon they would have the same water ingress problemss as the Eagle.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,259 Posts
pull out beds are buggers and I recon they would have the same water ingress problemss as the Eagle.
Well I don’t know what this water problem is, never had it and yes we have used it in the rain many times.
Ours has bed end covers which keep the water off the canvas.
If I have to pack up in the rain, I leave the bed ends up and fold up the beds as per normal, nice and dry.
Lower the roof and pull down the bed ends and roll it up.
We also have an annex on one side and an awning on the other so the canvas never gets wet, damp but not wet.
Once the beds are out, our small van becomes 21 foot long.
I’m want to sell it because I want something more simple and quicker to set up plus air con and a toilet and shower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
pull out beds are buggers and I recon they would have the same water ingress problems as the Eagle.
I'm with you 45, that's exactly why we got rid of ours. We had an Eagle 03 brand new. We had the shade cloth bed ends not the solid ones as we spent time with friends who had the solid ones and it was hot as hell.

So packing up allowed water in unless you could wait till everything was completely dry. Then the condensation underneath the mattress in really cold weather. The other issue we found out by accident was that the older models must have had slightly more roof space at the beds. Friends of ours were able to leave their beds set up and shut the roof up. When we tried that we had to loosen off the clamps somewhat or the pressure was too much and found out driving to camp in rain that the water was driven in past the seal as it was too loose if we set it to close comfortably. So to alleviate that we had to dismantle the bedding every time we packed up. A pain in the arse when you do several overnight stops on the way somewhere.

We thought the Eagle would be great space for the 2 of us but also got sick of having to set out both beds every time. 1 bed would have steered us to Dove but the water and bed making steered us to Penguin. Mind you we moved on to a Gulf 16ft pop top after the Eagle for better overall size and use but it was a pain to store under the house so downgraded to the Penguin. Eventually the canvas got to me so we now have an 18ft 02 Heritage pop top on airbags so it fits under house.

We looked at trading the Eagle for an Expanda at the time but when we told the salesman about the bed issues he whispered in our ears not to bother with the Expanda, hence our first pop top.

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'll head off early in the morning and have a look..
spoke to the salesman earlier nd he said the curtains had been removed and roll down blinds have been fitted..
There is also a solar panel on the roof that you cant see in pics..

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,899 Posts
When we moved to QLD in late 2000 we had a Gazelle van, sold that after a while and bought an Outback Eagle, did quite a few trips up north in it before selling it for a bigger boat don't remember any water ingress issues but the pull out beds were a pain in the butt and would ocassionally jamb when sliding back in. My brother inlaw has a Swan, had it for eons and loves it?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts