Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any ideas on making / buying an overhead speaker system to fit a GU to mount over the back of the front seats, similar to the Jeep sound bar than can be bought out of the states.

I constantly have my rear seats down carrying my surfboard, dive gear and boat equipment and that muffles the rear speakers.

Don’t really want to go with the roof mounted cargo speaker hook up with individual pods that some on the site have done. Did that with a vehicle a long time ago and had the pods broken on several occasions by drunken mates.

OK, it was a long time ago, in a Sandman panel van down at Margaret Rive camping overnight to go surfing in the morning, twice, and once at Redgate. Same scenario is not likely to happen at 53, married with two full grown kids I know. But I do get my son throwing his surfboard and dive gear in willy nilly at times, bloody kids….

If this can be incorporated into an extended roof mounted center console for a UHF with extra map / book / general stuff compartment even better.

Any ideas?

·
nissan patrol
15,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To clarify, I am thinking of it running east / west, compared to the overhead center console running north / south in a T set up.

·
nissan patrol
15,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No ideas on this!!

Guess I will have to break out the sketch pencil, rubber and brush up on my fiber-glassing skills.

·
Registered
Nissan
55 Posts
I was contemplating a similar thing also; thought about making a bar to mount on the grab handles above rear doors, to run from one side to the other. So I could put separate speaker system with DVD player for the kids. But have decided to run a headphone system to the screens in the headrest, so I don't have to listen to Hi-5 and the Wiggles for hours on end... But would be relatively easy system to do, run wiring in the B-pillar etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts