Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

been having some overheating issues with my tb42 on gas. before anyone says its summer, it also happens at night when its the temp is cold outside.

the radiator isn't blocked from debris, viscous fan is engaging, and coolant levels are all good (though maybe the coolant needs a change? does coolant become useless like engine oil over time?).

i'm stumped and can't think of anything else it could be. if anyone could shed some light to what may be the problem would be be a great help.

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
Have you checked the thermostat working ok? for what it's worth(not much$$$$) I would replace the thermostat and radiator cap to see if that fixes the problem, if so probably worth giving it some fresh coolant aswell if it's abit old.
Could also be your water pump or maybe a head or head gasket problem but eliminate the cheap easy things like thermostat and cap first

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Does it play up if you run it on petrol?

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Had the same problem when i first got mine, so i did the usual thing, started off small and gradually got bigger (process of elimination), first i started with thermostat, and flushing the radiator and adding new coolant, then new hoses and joins, then new water pump, etc, etc, in the end i changed the head, problem fixed. I was told by the mechanic who done it that, the head does not have to be completely gone for it to run hot, you could get it early like i did, and you might just save your self a few bucks on just changing the gasket and some machine work rather than a complete new or recoed head..

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
920 Posts
when the vehicle has been synchronized to consume less or very little gas, you can create overheating in the vehicle. Try to synchronize in standard, it may consume a little more gas but will be working at normal temperature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts