Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah I know where one is right now but they want 4k and it's not recon even. But theres no rush as I haven't got any money, but I was hoping for it to only cost me $200-$500 with both shafts. If I'm lookin at a couple of grand I'll stick with the 4spd I think.

I can't just get a 5spd out of any MQ/MK can I ? Will have to be off the back of a P40 yes ? I think it's easier to find rockin horse s$#t

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes the SD33 and the P40 are the same box ,but you have to change the bell housing and the input shaft from one to the other. easy to do when the two boxes are side by side

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
2k for the box and transfer already reco and including delivery ? Was that rwady to go for use with the P40 ? So on top of that all I'd need is the front and rear shafts and a clutch kit ?

Do they want the old box & transfer in exchange ?

I saw the one on ebay, but ya was for L28. Theres also one on there now that says it was used with a V8 and has the shafts also but the transfer sounds pretty sad as it slips from 2h into 4h.

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
bucks2 said:
Got this on the wrong thread!!
You lost me there?

Piggen Ute,
Not got the cash yet, but when I do would love to know where to get them from if you still remember or have the contact details. Sounds a pretty fair deal, certainly better than the used uint down the road for twice that kind of price.

·
Registered
208 Posts
iam almost sure it was gearbox express in syd it is a matter of if they have them at the time but they would do yours for the same $$$ i will give them a ring in the next couple of weeks so i will let you

·
Registered
398 Posts
p40 and sd33 bell housing are the same but do need to adjust some other things look on outer limits there is a post on this subject of four to five speed on a l28 but in the thred someone has done a p40 using sd33 box with a list of things you need to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to know if there is any info about on the p40 motors. I've tried Nissan and the RAA and no luck at all. Are these motors that rare, are they any good or are they total crud ? Those of you that do have them, whats your thoughts please.

Also this brings me to wondering is it going to be impossable to get simple parts like gaskets and such as I was thinking of fixing all the oil leaks. And what options do I have if I need to rebuild/replace the motor ? Damn it, I was wanting to fix this crud plugger up.

Are these P40's really that bad and hard to fix ?? I was lead to thought that they were meant to be an older type of motor that had been around forever and were tough as. So any info on this motor or a easy budget minded motor that you can change to would be great. Any thoughts or opinions would be awesome infact. Also does anyone know if they are a low or high commpression motor ?

What other type of motors can be fitted/modded easy and without huge costs just to have a nice old 4x4 ? The body is in worse shape than the motor but why spend all that money on the body if I can't get repairs on the mech side of things. I'm so frustrated I feel like just dumping the car at the wreckers.

Sorry to rant/complain folks, you have been very helpful to a total newbie. I really do like the car but I want to be able to fix it when it needs it. I was feeling good about the old trol but now I'm just back to frustrated and thinking of getting something more common or maybe just not bothering with a 4x4. :headwall:
Mate car looks like the one I owned in the early 90s the p40 is a copy of the Chev Blue Flame 6 but nissan gave it a chrome bore so it will last forever

21 - 36 of 36 Posts