Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I got a 97 GQ RX in white, the paint code is "QM1 K". I went down to get some paint, to respray parts of the doors and there are two "QM1" paint codes. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the actual colour is called?

Cheers,

Brayden

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
I would be keen to find this out too. I have a 1990 GQ (assuming its the same- can't imagine it would change too much) and wouldn't mind a bit of touch up paint

·
Registered
nissan
118 Posts
the paint code is QM1 Nissan Super white i think it name is.
There might be a couple variations on the formula to allow for diffrent years and factorys but the colour will still be close enough to do touch ups and wont be noticable to most people.

·
Registered
Nissan Maverick
181 Posts
Is it white over gray, cause it could be a code for both like mine was so a proper paint and panel place should be able to tell you what colour is what.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
Hey,

I got a 97 GQ RX in white, the paint code is "QM1 K". I went down to get some paint, to respray parts of the doors and there are two "QM1" paint codes. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the actual colour is called?

Cheers,

Brayden
Last time I looked that colour up there where about 6 variations of that colour and none of them are real close without being matched. It's a very clean white from memory and most of the colour variants where to dirty. That can vary depending on the paint brand to though.

The shop should have paint chips with there variants so you can see which ones closer. Take your petrol flap with you if you cant get your 4wd in there.

Cheers Mick.

·
Registered
nissan
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last time I looked that colour up there where about 6 variations of that colour and none of them are real close without being matched. It's a very clean white from memory and most of the colour variants where to dirty. That can vary depending on the paint brand to though.

The shop should have paint chips with there variants so you can see which ones closer. Take your petrol flap with you if you cant get your 4wd in there.

Cheers Mick.
Your not wrong mate, I went through 3 different "QM1's" before I found one that was close, even still its not a perfect match it still has a somewhat yellowy sort of tinge to it but it's good enough for the time being its only gonna get scratched up anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts