Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/gq patrol
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted my wiper arms with a gloss black spray. Just a cheap can of gloss black from supercheap.

They came out great with nice gloss etc. 4 weeks down the track and they are fading.

Should I have painted a clear coat over the top to stop the fading?

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
spraycan from supercheap is your problem, use a decent 2pac gmh black or base black with a clear coat.i painted some rims in some spray can black was glossy for week or two then looked like ****, ended up washing it all off with thinners ( bastard of a job ) and masking it up properly and painting it in a decent 2pac black. I should have known better i was a spraypainter but i was lazy and the job ended up taking twice as long too get them right.

·
Registered
33 Posts
spraycan from supercheap is your problem, X2 Did my bullbar, brushbars AND side steps with the SUPER cheap ones!!!! Now they are matt black! ( Looked real good for about 4 weeks as well) Lesson learned!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Humidity will do that too!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Try a Berger 'Quitrust' spray pack or a brand called 'Plasticote'. I always use better quality brand spraypacks for exterior trim.
The Quitrust black is glossy but the plasticote gives a nice satin finish.

Cheers SOLO

·
Registered
Nissan
25 Posts
If you want the best results, goto any autopro store, get proper decent etch primer, 2pac spray paint, and arcrylic clear coat, apply 4 light coats of each, allowing 10minutes between each coat for drying purposes, and then they will be as good as new :) ...or even better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts