Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can get auto paint (correct code) in a spray can and if so where

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,576 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get auto paint (correct code) in a spray can and if so where

Supercheap do it mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts

I had a can of paint made to match my old girl early last year at supercheap maroochydore, very professional and excellent match. Just take the code in with you.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,764 Posts
As mentioned, super cheap do it. Otherwise most auto paint suppliers will be able to do it for you as well.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
And buy a can of acrylic clear top coat as well, gives some extra protection and gloss to your finished patch-paint. Makes it almost factory finish.

·
Registered
nissan
6,587 Posts
We had a bunch of our adult children home over Christmas and were short on cars one day so borrowed the FIL's car since it hardly gets used. Did the right thing and filled it with fuel afterwards. Opened the fuel flap at the servo by pulling the release leaver and the flap snapped off its hinge and fell on the ground without it being touched. Damn! Bought a new filler flap off ebay which comes unpainted for $40. Went to Supercheap and found that I had to buy plastic adhesion primer at $20 and clear coat at $20 on top of the custom mixed touch up paint at $35. It cost almost twice as much to paint it as the price of the part. Still, it was cheaper than hiring a car and the FIL still thinks I'm a good bloke.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I had a can of paint made to match my old girl early last year at supercheap maroochydore, very professional and excellent match. Just take the code in with you.
Is the Supercheap version the 2 part type where you punch the button in underneath to mix the 2 parts or just a standard can?? I really need to touch up where my battery leaked.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,576 Posts
Is the Supercheap version the 2 part type where you punch the button in underneath to mix the 2 parts or just a standard can?? I really need to touch up where my battery leaked.
1 part. Just shake and paint.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
OK I prefer the 2 part ones you can get at some of the paint shops, seems a bit better finish. Not totally sure what it is, not a true 2 pak but I think it is a hardener.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I prefer the 2 part ones you can get at some of the paint shops, seems a bit better finish. Not totally sure what it is, not a true 2 pak but I think it is a hardener.
I’d like to know where to get these

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts

Yep Supercheap.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I’d like to know where to get these

I get mine from a.proper paint shop when in brisbane. Dont remember the name

1 - 13 of 13 Posts