Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 GQ Patrol
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting the GQ painted or wrapped black, I've researched the pros/cons, but looking at hearing what you guys think.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,692 Posts

·
Registered
1997 GQ Patrol
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,692 Posts
Mate you’ve got some friggin’ weird ideas… :ROFLMAO: You want to build a non-engineered dune bashing 6” lift monster on 37s and then paint it in probably the worst possible colour for a 4x4… :unsure:

If you are going to do with it what I think you are, don’t bother with paint. It’s going to look chit after your first outing.

·
Registered
1997 GQ Patrol
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahahaha, Dubai spec baby, cutting the hoops off the bull bar, taking off the roof rack, the spare tire carrier, snorkel and replacing the fender with an unmolested one, plan on it looking like the second photo, plus a bigger lift and tires. Getting PPF to go over the paint or a clear coat so it shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
2001 Auto TD42T
84 Posts
If you are going to pay to have it wrapped, may as well pay to have it painted. I wrapped my GU and it's not as easy as it looks. Half of it is OK and the other half is **** because I just wanted to get it finished. Now it holds up quite well apart from pin stripes, but there are areas that have lifted/bubbled because I didn't apply enough heat when installed. Now I can't clean the car with a high pressure hose or it just tears a hole through the wrap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts