Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is probably no point as the "Man" is trying to remove them. But i wanna paint my stock alloy bullbar on the GQ matt black. I have heard of LIC 40 but think it may be out of the budget.

Do i need to ruff up the bar with sandpaper? do i need a clear coat over the coat? I do not want a shiney finish as the alloy one already shines a fair bit in the sun or under a street light. Removing the bullbar to paint is probably a good idea. So will need to sort that out aswell.

While im at it i will probable chop off the bottom part of the bullbar as it gets in the way on steep inclines.

Cheers Rick

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Yes you can paint 'em mate. Just get the right kinda primer and you're away...

Oh, and the Man (or WO man - Julia is her name after all) will NEVER be able to take your bar away!

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
My mate used an spray can of etch primer & Satin Black & his roobar came up a treat. It hasn't peeled & it's been a year in the Port Hedland sun.

Kev

·
Registered
nissan patrol
530 Posts
VHT makes an excellent self priming satin black bull bar and chassis paint. This stuff is super strong and it won't scratch or mark easily, they market it as having a ceramic hard finish once properly cured.
I have used this paint a few times and it does everything the manufacture says it will do. Cheers.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Yes you can paint 'em mate. Just get the right kinda primer and you're away...

Oh, and the Man (or WO man - Julia is her name after all) will NEVER be able to take your bar away!
I painted my alu roof rack with no primer just black auto enamel and it's hanging on really well. I did sand blast it first though.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So sand it a bit (rough or smooth finish) then use auto enamel? Want brands are better? I can get cheap prices through sprint auto parts.

Cheers for replys

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts