Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody window wont go down, when i trip the motor it goes down no problem so motors fine. Went to nissan yesterday and purchased a new power window switch for that side.. $85!

Installed it and you guessed it.. didnt fix it

Any idea or is it off to the auto electrician? :headwall:

·
Registered
nissan
1,528 Posts
If it's anything like the GQ, the switches are interlocked with the drivers door master like is shown in the attached diagram

Attachments

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no because im able to lower the rear windows fine from the drivers side. with your diagram in mind i should add i am unable to lower the front passenger window from the drivers side either.

·
Registered
nissan
1,528 Posts
Well I'd guess then that the driver side switch for that window is either farked or a wire is broken in the circuit somewhere

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Well I'd guess then that the driver side switch for that window is either farked or a wire is broken in the circuit somewhere

its common for driver switch to fail first as its the door mostly used and to have rain fall into the switch. go to a wreeker and get a second hand switch i have seen this way to many times

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So do i just buy the whole switch panel with all 4 window switches?

or am i chasing just the single switch on the drivers side for that window?

·
Registered
nissan
1,528 Posts
If you are handy with a soldering iron, the switch from the "old" passenger side will most probably be the same as the crook one on the drivers side. Will just need a bit of rewire and solder to replace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts