Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat down to watch Pat Callinan’s 4X4 Adventures last night. I've seen him but never watched his programs. Its great to see someone out there actually doing the touring i'm presently just dreaming about.

For me however the balance was far to far towards advertising products, everything from fold up soccer nets to camper trailers. There was no product comparisons just full frontal (i think this is the greatest ever) plugs, one after another. That plus the repetitive ad breaks i gave up watching before the end.

There was some scenery and outback travel tips, but it felt like the shopping channel.

Grogey

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Just another advertorial.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
I sat down to watch Pat Callinan’s 4X4 Adventures last night. I've seen him but never watched his programs. Its great to see someone out there actually doing the touring i'm presently just dreaming about.

For me however the balance was far to far towards advertising products, everything from fold up soccer nets to camper trailers. There was no product comparisons just full frontal (i think this is the greatest ever) plugs, one after another. That plus the repetitive ad breaks i gave up watching before the end.

There was some scenery and outback travel tips, but it felt like the shopping channel.

Grogey
Yes totally agree, but they have to source there $'s from somewhere. If that show drives you mad with blatant ad's, then avoid "escape with ET" at all costs. That is worst of the worst and the plugs are far from subtle.

·
Registered
581 Posts

Grogey
I agree with you there, i watched the first 10 mins of an episode a few weeks back not much about travelling and places more on advertising.
Not the best show to watch.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,353 Posts
a shade better than 4x4 Action ad plugs, atleast you can tell he has some real experience his just bursting to say but cant. lol

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The biggest sin is it just wasn't either very entertaining.

At one point Pat started by introducing someone who had traveled all the big name routes, taking the toughest tracks. I'm thinking this might be an interesting interview.

As he comes to the end of talking this person up and is about to introduce them, he goes 'Maybe person is not the word' the camera then pans to one of his camper trailors.

What the!

·
Registered
nissan
308 Posts
His next trip to the Flinders should be a good watch.. oh and im going to win the new Patrol and the camper ... no one else enter the comp please

·
Registered
nissan
339 Posts
Pat's program is still better than most of the other crap they pass off as programs these days ......

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
I bought his trip to Cape York DVD earlier this year from BCF. I couldnt finish watching it, it was utter crap, so full of ads. I took it back to BCF, gave it to them, and didnt even bother asking for my money back, just told them what a load of crap it was.

·
Registered
nissan gu
84 Posts
Hi,
You mean Pat(ARB, Nissan, Hema etc) Cullinan?

(Russell Coight for me):D:D
Crappy Histmas everyone!!!:santa::santa:

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
No different to any other outdoor type tv shows, or any lifestyle show for that matter!
At least he gives the Patrol a good plug lol.

I didn't mind the Ben Cropp series, he had his sponsors but his shows were focused on being out there and doing it rather than plugging stuff all the time.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
104 Posts
What we need is a modern day Leyland brothers.... hmmmmmm, anyone else up for it?

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Just have to wonder. Do you really need to take a van like that into places like that? :confused:

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yeah the Gall Boys are alot better been watching them for a while now on you tube

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Just have to wonder. Do you really need to take a van like that into places like that? :confused:

Cheers

Ray

Ray, do any of us really NEED to go to places like that at all? No. But we do it because... well... WE CAN! and because we like to. Why not take a van like that? more comfortable tha a rooftop tent! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts