Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all who may be interested, I came across a very interesting document today. Something I've been looking for for quite a while.

A list of the part numbers for Gearboxes for the 160 series Patrol. No longer should we need to attempt to identify gearboxes by input shaft lengths etc.

I would post it up, but I can't put anything on here larger than 19k, and this document is about 100k (the smallest I could make it without making the already dodgy text unreadable)

If one of the mods wants to put it up or something, I'm happy to email it.

Lyle

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,691 Posts
Why not simplify it,by posting something like,
1980 MQ 4 speed petrol L28 - XXXXXX
1980 MQ 4 speed diesel SD33 - XXXXXX
1980 MQ 4 soeed petrol P40 - XXXXXX

Or maybe
1980 -1984 L28 4 speed - XXXX
1980-1984 SD33 4 speed - XXXX
1984 - 1986 SD33 n/a 5 speed - XXXX
1984 -1986 SD33T 5 speed - XXXXX
1984 - 1986 L28 5 speed - XXXX

Would that be easier for the masses to understand ???

·
Registered
Nissan
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would do, but it's not that simple, would just end up re-typing 4 pages worth... Nerok has it, and will possibly put on the mq wiki.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I will type it out soon, however I'm not sure how useful it is. The gearbox names/codes for ALL engines/year are either

F4W81A = 4 speed manual
FS5W81 = 5 speed manual

T130A = attached transfer
T100 = divorced transfer

(it only covers manuals). These are the same 'codes' shown in the service manual, ie FS5w81 is the base model gearbox that is then tweaked with different input shafts, bellhousing and shifter to suit the various engines.

There is then another part number column, which are for example 32000-C6750. It is hard to read in the current format (I will type it into excel so I can do some sorts), however it seems there is very little of the same number used twice, ie every engine+gearbox combo in a year range is different. Sometimes there are 5 speed manual sd33t in different year range with different part numbers, so makes very little sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
haw many torque force can be holded by F4W81A transmission?
im gonna change my engine and i should know my tranmission limits to choosing the engine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts