Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Patrol #2, Sophia in USA

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Marko_SJ 
#1 ·
Well I have parted ways with my first GQ Patrol and have now purchased another. Imported form Spain to USA and will now be getting a fresh restore and upgrades.

1990 Nissan Patrol GQ/GR rd28t Left Hand Drive

One oddball feature in this Spanish lass is the heated seats! Not sure they are still working but will try and get them back.

Many updates to come on this new Patrol. Enjoy !

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Car

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Got some 33x10.5 installed on the factory wheels, removed extra flares because they were damaged( kinda like it without them) may or may not replace them. Also removed the factory side steps to get a good rehab on the brackets. The got a good clean underneath body and found a lot of dirt(probably from Spain) hidden in the front wheel wells behind the mud flap guards.

#3 ·
Bought some OEM rear sliding window frames to replace the old rusty ones and installed easily thanks to fellow Patrol owners on here.. and they look great
@BenGQ
@Twinotter600
@dualgq

#6 ·
After 2 months I have completed the complete motor rebuild with a couple of upgrades as well. Upgrades include Holset Turbo HE221w, front mount inter cooler, stainless airbox and intake tubing, 3'' dump pipe and exhaust.

Everything is running good with the test drives, and performace seems to be much better with rebuilt fuel injector pump and better turbo.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Electrical wiring Engineering

Engineering Gas Machine Auto part Metal

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Fender Carnivore Gas Motor vehicle

Hood Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

#8 ·
Well I couldn't pass up a good deal on another Y60 Patrol, needs a little tuning and few replacement parts but runs good. Currently resting in the garage until I finish up the Red Patrol. It will need a name soon...
So what engine is in the Grey Ghost?

Reactions: geeyoutoo
#12 ·
RB Architecture would have been super long in the tooth by the late 90s. What I dont get is why not have made a larger variant for the Patrol.

Even a 6 pot ZD of 4.5L displacement would have been nice, doing the basic sums for power output to displacement, easily on par with the bLandCruiser too. Patrol would have led the market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.