Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.I have a suzuki jimny with patrol axles.Actually the front axle have a serial number:38511-c6041.The rear axle is from nissan terranoII.I need another Ring and pinion for better gearing..Mine is 8/35.I want to buy 8/41.BUT i dont know where and what i need to search.Maybe the front axle is c200.PS: sorry about my language .i am from Greece

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
Front diff is C200. With what appears to be an E-locker.
The gears you want, roughly 5.14:1, are available. They were possibly aftermarket gears but I have heard of a few 260 Patrols with them fitted, never anything in Australia though.. I would ask around a few of the European 4x4 and Patrol communities. They will likely have more information.

If there is a part number on that E-locker, could you post it up? I wasn't aware of one for a C200 that would fit an MQ front end due to different axle spline count to most rear end applications of a C200.

Reactions: patrol Jimny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Front diff is C200. With what appears to be an E-locker.
The gears you want, roughly 5.14:1, are available. They were possibly aftermarket gears but I have heard of a few 260 Patrols with them fitted, never anything in Australia though.. I would ask around a few of the European 4x4 and Patrol communities. They will likely have more information.

If there is a part number on that E-locker, could you post it up? I wasn't aware of one for a C200 that would fit an MQ front end due to different axle spline count to most rear end applications of a C200.
That is an ARB locker ....I dont see any serial number on it but i think its an locker with ARB code:RD107(ARB replace this locker code with RD202)
My axle has 29 axle splines and my axle shaft is about 300mm...so finally my front axle is C200...As it saws the axle its same with R200A...so i have to search pinion gears to fit c200 and R200A front axles.do you know something about rear axle???(my rear axle has a group of the same car fitted on the axle housing of nissan Terrano II) :/

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
It is too.. that line loomed like a wire to me at first.

Yes C200 and R200 ring and pinions are interchangeable, just be careful with spline counts, depending on application they seem to be between 27 and 31 spline.

Hmm, I really don't know too much about Terrano drivelines. It would be reasonable to assume the diff options were similar to those of Navara and Pathfinder, I seem to recall front diffs being R180 or R200, and rear diffs being C200 or H233 depending on engine. There could have been others though.
If the rear options are only C200 and H233 then they are easy to identify - C200 will have a diff cover like the MQ front diff, H233 has a 3rd member.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is too.. that line loomed like a wire to me at first.

Yes C200 and R200 ring and pinions are interchangeable, just be careful with spline counts, depending on application they seem to be between 27 and 31 spline.

Hmm, I really don't know too much about Terrano drivelines. It would be reasonable to assume the diff options were similar to those of Navara and Pathfinder, I seem to recall front diffs being R180 or R200, and rear diffs being C200 or H233 depending on engine. There could have been others though.
If the rear options are only C200 and H233 then they are easy to identify - C200 will have a diff cover like the MQ front diff, H233 has a 3rd member.
The rear axle dont have a diff cover...It is a "removable carrier" housing...and it is in the centre of the axle..and thats the reason we install this axle housing to keep the propshaft in straight line...but could you please tell me what is a 3rd member??You mean the "removable carrier"??

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
The rear axle dont have a diff cover...It is a "removable carrier" housing...and it is in the centre of the axle..and thats the reason we install this axle housing to keep the propshaft in straight line...but could you please tell me what is a 3rd member??You mean the "removable carrier"??
Yes a 3rd member is a removable carrier.
Based on what I can see in your pic the rear diff does look like a H233 or H233B.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes a 3rd member is a removable carrier.
Based on what I can see in your pic the rear diff does look like a H233 or H233B.
Thanks a lot for your information... You are very helpful... But... Do you know the difference of those axles?? H233 and H233??

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
Thanks a lot for your information... You are very helpful... But... Do you know the difference of those axles?? H233 and H233??
Unfortunately I don't know much about the differences between H233 and H233B, a lot of the information seems very unreliable.

Some of the threads that I have read deemed that the MQ/MK Patrol had a H233 despite Nissan very clearly stating in their service manual and parts catalogue that it is a H233B. Somehow the internet experts decided that they were right and Nissan, one of Japan's largest automotive companies, who designed, engineered and manufactured the vehicle were wrong. About their own car. All because of some internet hearsay.
But I digress.

The reading that I have done, from a few different sources, states that the Terrano II had a H233B rear end. Thats the important part I suppose.

·
Registered
Datsun Patrol MQ 1982 RB25DE NEO
847 Posts
I owned 2 Spanish built Terrano II's, one 2001 SWB and the other 2004 LWB. Both had H233B diffs. Different to the H233 on the older MK/MQ Patrols.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts