Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
163 Posts
One of the worse car reviews I've ever read, very amateurish write-up.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Pritty sure ive a write up here when they compared the GQ against the 80 series
Lets say they didnt rate the 80 series as great as people make out

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
404 Posts
and that was with the 5.7L cruiser which you can only get here as a Lexus..... love how they dont even discuss fuel useage (note i didnt say economy) yet our Aussie reviewers seem to concentrate on fuel use.

·
Registered
nissan
401 Posts
I wonder how much we will have to pay for a new patrol.

260,000 AED is $67,271 AUD..........Sign me up.

My guess is, It will start at 85k.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
11 seconds 0-100kph for a new v8 cruiser?? What the hell?? my diesel troll would beat it.

as i have always said. . . . ill probably buy one when they come out. that v8 could be nice with a few snails.

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
What's amateurish about the review?:confused:

Cheers

Ray
Buggered if I know, it seems to read pretty well and gets to the point. Probably the first ever 4wd write up with a big emphasis on performance and acceleration.

Pricing is impossible to base on their costs as they dont get reamed by taxes like us. The costs will almost certainly be on par with the 200. I've said all along this car will be a boomer, some people just need to believe it.

The major turn-off for me, from what I read is the size. Better clearance than the 200 is a bonus.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Yeah, all these armchair experts on here saying it doesn't have good clearence! PAH!!

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
Something I dont think anyone else has mentioned is the fact that you cannot expect the new patrol to hold its value as well as the GQ GU...... as far as I can see.

Being full of electrics after 5 -10 years your resale will have plumeted.

Eg: Range Rover - Brand New $140,000 10 years old ....cant give them away. 20 year old rangies are selling for the same price as 10 year old rangies.

GU PAtrol - Brand New $55,000 ( 4.2 ) 10 years old $35,000

I would be concerned that these new SUV's may head down the path of other hi tech electrical spiderweb vehicles, where no one wants them because even minor issues can be very very expensive..... At least the Japs are a bit better at putting electrics together so maybe the patrol will not suffer this fate.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Pritty sure ive a write up here when they compared the GQ against the 80 series
Lets say they didnt rate the 80 series as great as people make out
Yep

Yep, sure remember seeing these as well

If I remember correctly, the GQ was out before the 80 series and was getting heaps of praise for its large engines and less truck like handling

But what do we care what some muppet writes ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
20 Posts
Something I dont think anyone else has mentioned is the fact that you cannot expect the new patrol to hold its value as well as the GQ GU...... as far as I can see.

HMMMM I have a 10 year old 4.2 Patrol in excellent nick with lots of extras and could only dream of getting $35k for it.:rolleyes:
So I think you are being a bit optomistic in your values.;)
They are selling for around 16 to 20k in my area.:mad:

But would swap it for a 2011 V8 anytime...:cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts

I have a 10 year old 4.2 Patrol in excellent nick with lots of extras and could only dream of getting $35k for it.:rolleyes:
So I think you are being a bit optomistic in your values.;)
They are selling for around 16 to 20k in my area.:mad:
So they sell 01 td42 ST wagons for 16-20k where you live???? where do you live -pray tell. . . . .

I will seriously buy a few at that price. -not kidding, i would postpone buying my house so i could make money buying and selling trolls at that rate.:cool:

Cheapest 01 or later 4.2ST wagon i can find atm is 34k. and its done 275,oookm. http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...ke_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&D=4.2 diesel

Makes mine at 48k look cheap.

·
Registered
597 Posts
When the GQ was released in oz the landcruiser 60 series was panned for it's leaf springs and rear drums pretty much every review gave the gong to Nissan - but that was 23 years ago....

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Rumors are the New Patrol will be between $90,000 and $100,000
75K + on roads I think for the base model and less $ than the 200s top of the range for a top of range Patrol.
Word at the local Nissan dealer is that much pressure is being put on Nissan Japan by Nissan Australia to put the V6 td in the Patrols for the Aussie market. They are already in the new model Navara's.
Our local dealer got a new Patrol in from Dubai for the big field days last month and the feedback from potential 200s buyers was that they preferred the Patrol, even more would if it had a diesel.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
58 Posts
Word at the local Nissan dealer is that much pressure is being put on Nissan Japan by Nissan Australia to put the V6 td in the Patrols for the Aussie market. They are already in the new model Navara's.
If only they'd do this for the GU that will be sold alongside, that's just a pipe dream. I imagine that the bean counters would poopoo it on the basis that it would steal sales from the base model diesel.

One can only dream.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts