Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
My Patrol has an issue where if I let it sit there and idle for about 15 minutes and when I jump back in the car, the Patrol will stall when I go to take off.

I have to get out and prime the bulb to get the car started again. I went to Nissan and they replaced the hand bulb as they said it has a one way valve in it that was stuffed.

A couple of months later, the car stalled again. I took it back to Nissan and I suggested they do a leak test of the fuel rail pressure relief valve. I know for a fact that this is leaking and most likely the cause of the stalling as I did the simple leak test myself.

After leaving it the day with Nissan they said they looked into it and did a "software upgrade".

Has anyone heard of this? What would a software upgrade do? Does anyone else have the same stalling issue?

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Software upgrade would normally mean a reflash of the ECU, but I haven't heard of Nissan doing that before - for anything. I actually thought the ECU was closed-loop, meaning not able to be updated... I know their service bulletins speak of replacing ECU (they call it ECM) altogether rather than attempting to update it.

Sounds like your Nissan dealer is not one of the good ones... what have they got to say about the leaking fuel pressure relief valve?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first time it happened, I tried to start the car by pumping the bulb but nothing happened. The bulb would not suck up any fuel. I guess that's why they replaced it.

I have done the simple leak test as outlined in this forum and diesel does leak from my pressure relief valve. Im guessing Nissan is avoiding having to replace the whole fuel rail line. Ill keep pestering them.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After 3 visits to Nissan. They finally replaced my fuel rail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts