Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my gq out tonight was raining heavy, never had any problems, she's only done 162000 km and in very good condition,

Iv had the rpm needle do some spastic **** before and backfired the keept driving.

Well today it stalled and shut off, didn't start for a while then started than continued driving, rpm needle started going up and down then car shut of...

Got it home and found I had a vacuum hose missing which was siting in the engine bay, I placed it back on and still same problem, the car starts after a while creating and runs really rough, disconnected neg pulled a few fuses, no fix... Started it after a while and it ran like normal for about 3 seconds than stalled.

Iv checked the fuel is coming through from fuel pump, I changed leads and plugs last week and has been running fine till today, dizzy doesn't have water in the cap, replaced dizzy cap and rotor button last week aswell as ignition coil.... Just Confused as it started for a few seconds than stalled last time I tried...

It will start but takes a while to crank and runs rough, please help or give list of ideas... Thanks

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hose that come of was a short hose of the air box then down to a little unit only very short but thinking that's not a vacuum hose?

Anyway I took neg of all night then put it back on, car started perfectly, idled, auto choke and everything running normal, then a click sound and shut of

·
Registered
nissan
56 Posts
Same thing happened when the MAF sensor (air flow meter) went in mine ages ago. It's the hitachi unit that sits just after the air box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts