Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am rebuilding my K260 with the target to bring it back in to original beauty like below.

And this is the lady

Actually this is how she looked like four years ago, then I sold it and now received her back in form of truckload of loose parts.

I don't want to get into the history here, it is what it is.

The whole body was repaired, all corrosion spots were removed and the whole thing was plasma galvanized (probably)

And here is my problem which I would like to present in this thread. Namely, due to very limited information about this model, I have a lot of questions about restoring this car to original condition. I have service manual and there is access to parts catalog for K160 and y60 and from that something can be concluded but not everything.

As this forum seems to be very vital I hope to find here some help in gathering information.

cheers
s

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All,
I just bought OEM set of rubber body mounts.
These are just rubber bits, no bolts, washers etc.

Also No 12 from below diagram is missing.

Does anybody have dimensions and specs for bolts and washers and this cup No12 so I could machine it?
Also I am looking for pictures how this is actually assembled? Not all is clear. From diagram it looks like No 12 sits on the frame which seems incorrect, anybody has pictures of that?
thx

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi seler,

No 12 just sits on the frame. You can take another one off to measure it or just measure the rubber part which has to fit in this cup. Just make sure the height is less then the rubber so it doesn't touches the body.
I've used standard metric bolts, M14 I think.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Swero! Is No 12 somehow fixed to the frame? I'm afraid that slight movement will scrub paint and start rust.
For the bolts I taught that this not-threded part lenght is important to avoid squeezing rubber to much

·
Registered
68 Posts
You need 4 of them, I believe they are spot welded but not 100% sure. You do need bolts with al long shaft (not threaded), also to avoid the threads cutting in the rubber. In some kits, there would be a steel bushing in the rubber pads

1 - 7 of 7 Posts