1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Patrol Newbie ('02 GUIII 4.2TD)

Howdy,

Been loitering for a little bit, while searching for a GU to replace my D40 Navara. Finally found one a couple of weeks ago and picked it up on the weekend - t'is an '02 Series III 4.2TD with 240,000k's and a few mods (factory bull bar, factory snorkel, long range tank and winch). The previous two sets of owners kept it in great nick and it has a full service history. Stoked!!! :)

Plans for the future:

- Basic maintenance (replace the engine fan (current one has cracks), belts, hoses, oil, filters, etc)
- Replace the panhard rod bushes with new rubber ones (one is utterly stuffed and two others are poly)
- Winch swap (truck has a Tigerz11 however I've already got a Warn)
- Boost, EGT and water temp gauges
- UHF (One in the truck is stuffed)
- Aftermarket cruise (yes, I'm lazy)
- Roof console to mount the HF
- Spots
- 2" lift (Dobinsons coils,Tough Dog 45mm adjustables and castor bushes)
- 33's (ATZ P3's)
- Some of Bolsys' sliders (with side bars if he'll do them)
- Drawers
- Intercooler (more for EGT management rather than performance)
- Tracklander roof rack and awning
- Kaymar or Powerful4x4 rear bar
- Front/rear lockers (possibly)

Here's the only pic I have on me at the moment:

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. :) Took a bit of patience to find it, but pretty happy with the result.

Raslaar you say; will do thanks.

Yeah, I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of consoles either, having knocked my head on several while test driving trucks (hasn't given me any more sense either). Trouble is the HF head unit is quite bulky and I'm putting the UHF in front of the gear stick. Unlike the Navara (see below), I'd like to keep the dash lines tidy so not many other options.
Anyway, we'll see how it shakes out.....may appear in the classifieds in a few months if it annoys me too much. :)

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Welcome, you clearly learned well while you lurked, terrific choice of truck! And your 'want' list ticks the boxes too.

I haven't seen a Raslarr bar in person but the feedback here and the pics I've seen are all very positive.

Reactions: group3j

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Nice wagon, I'm eventually going down the 2" lift and 33" ats I would love to get P3s aswell but I think they are very expensive compared to most tyres.

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Kyle; pretty happy boy at the moment. :)

Thanks Squalo. The forum was very helpful indeed about confirming some of my research and dispelling a couple of myths.
Having been down the CRD path, the choice was very easy. :) Not criticising CRD's; they're just not for me.
I've had a look at the Raslaar bars and they look really well made. The only issue I have is that they appear to require mounting plates to be welded to the chassis, which I'm not a fan of for several reasons. Anyway, I'll do some more research on the subject and see what I come up with.

Thanks Lewie.
The P3's are pricey....but I've got a set of 32's on my Navara (soon to be on the Patrol) and they hands down the best 4WD tyre I've driven on; I absolutely love them. I had some STZ's before the P3's and while they were also very good, it's chalk and cheese between them on the road - the P3's are sharper on turn in, more stable through the corner and more stable under brakes. The STZ's were good, it's just that the P3's are a level above.
All that said, my other passion is motorsport, so I tend to get pedantic about tyres and how they perform. :) The Patrol currently has BFG's and they're OK.....but I miss my P3's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts