Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
brought myself a repairable writeoff patrol 2003 4.2 tdi 130000kms damage is to radiator support panel .radiator ,a/c condenser passenger inner guard ,outer guard,bonnet, head light,grill and air bag has deployed also slight damage to tip of chassis
25082010(001).jpg
didn't wast any time and got straight into drilled out all the spot welds to remove the radiator support panel and inner guard
05102010(003).jpg
05102010(001).jpg
since i intend to do heavy towing i decided to remove the chassis to brace the spring towers i used 6mm plate for the brace .A bit of overkill i know but at least i know its solid
23012011(004).jpg
got the new front end fitted and welded in .It aligned up sweet
23012011(005).jpg
23012011.jpg
since the motors out .I dropped the sump off to clean up any sludge .But she was pretty clean .i dropped the turbo off to united fuel injection to get it upgraded .Ordered a exedy safari tuff clutch .Blocked the EGR valve . Next is to clean up the chassis and give it a coat of paint and spray the engine bay . more photos to come

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
wow!! youve done quite a bit , looks great man , cant wait to see it finished!, where did you get the write off from ? and how much did it cost you ? and what has it cost you to do the repairs ?:D.
cheers chris.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
15 Posts
Gday, was wondering how long it took you to lift the body of the chassis, i am thinking of taking mine off to give the chassis a good clean :) is it a hard job?, i assume you yanked the engine out first

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
while its out block off the egr. be a good mod to do and easy while its out.
also very nice job on the rear spring towers. they aint gonna break in a hurry. long as it dont rip out of the chassis haha.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Looks sweet dude. If you dont mind me asking.....How much you got the reparable wright off for? PM Me if you want.

What are the future plans or the Patrol?

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tnx for the feed back guys . I brought the patrol from Pickles auctions for $16000 with there processing fee the total was $17000 the 4.2 tdi don't come up for auction very often so when they do there's a lot of people bidding on them.

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gday, was wondering how long it took you to lift the body of the chassis, i am thinking of taking mine off to give the chassis a good clean :) is it a hard job?, i assume you yanked the engine out first
G,day Satmstr
ye i took the motor out first but i think i could have left it in the chassis and rolled the whole lot out from under the body. the only hard part was raising the body high enough to sit onto the tressels that you can see in the photo. Im hoping to put body back on next weekend so ill take a heap of photos on how ive done it. I sprayed under the floor of the cab in the original gray paint patrols come in. With the chassis all sprayed up it will look like it just rolled of the showroom floor.

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I finally got the parts and time to get a bit of work done to my patrol .I got the turbo upgraded by united fuel injection they tell me Ill get an extra 20kw $1100.Got a safari tuff clutch off e bay $700. Rear main seal was $130 that sucked to have to pay that amount when the one i removed wasn't leaking .Machining the flywheel $70. Sump gasket $30
rear seal.jpg
A photo of the 4.2tdi ready to bolt up to the gearbox
15022011.jpg
If your looking for a cheap engine crane. I drilled two holes either side of the huge steel beam that runs from one side of our garage wall to the other side. I haven't managed to pull our roof down yet
comealong.jpg
Bolted up the motor to the gearbox . I cleaned up the chassis and diffs and gave them a coat of paint. The patrol had a 3" dump pipe and exhaust fitted when i got it. Next job is to slip the chassis back under the cab
19022011(001).jpg
19022011(002).jpg

·
Registered
nissan patrol
817 Posts
mate it looks like you have been hard at it. will be a tough car when you have finished.
would be keen to check it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts