Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would start a thread as I am finally getting some time to work on this tipper conversion.

it’s had it’s challenges. Mainly height. The tipper kit would have raised the bed by 50mm so I had to think a bit sideways. So I talked to the tipper kit people and got my plan approved. Substituting the standard cross beams for equal angle 75x75 x6mm. But using 8mm at the front and back where the most load will be. Minimal welding will be needed with this plan.

I’m sure you will be horrified to see that I have removed the main fuel tank to make room for the spare tyre. But I’ll definitely be keeping the tank in storage for some touring down the track. For now I only need about 500 or 600km range as I am just driving from Sydney to Newcastle mostly

I need to figure out the plumbing for the sub tank to act as the main tank but shouldn’t be rocket science.

The tops of the towers on the frame all needed to be taken back to bare metal as there was a bit of corrosion on each. This is a 2008 model so I was a bit surprised by that

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,326 Posts
Pretty sure that someone did this years ago! :unsure: From what I remember, it worked a treat. ;)

Foo

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9 months on and the tipper is going well. Removing the main fuel tank and re-plumbing the subtank to be the main was a bit fiddly, but got it done.

Its due for a change of hydraulic fluid soon. But overall I am extremely happy with the tipper function. Has saved me many hours of back breaking work.

Plant Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts