Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a Patrol DX primarily for touring and camping.Worst case scenario and the motor fails what kind of money am I looking at for a LS1 conversion(I would have to get someone to do this). or a 4.2 conversion?If I find a car I like & the owner agrees if I whack it on the dyno & have pre purchase inspection does it safe guard me for a period of time?I'm not overly mechanically minded so any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
You are talking about vehicles from 1998 to 2015 with multiple engines, transmissions and everything else in between. There is no way anyone can answer that question. You need to be WAY more specific.

Wagon or ute?

Manual or auto?

Petrol or diesel?

What engine?

What years?

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
He's talking motors failing and engine conversions so that is grenades 2000 - 2006.

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
He's talking motors failing and engine conversions so that is grenades 2000 - 2006.
Do the 4.5, 4.8, 2.8 or 4.2 not fail? The guy up the road from me has a 4.8 Patrol with a failed engine thats been sitting in his front yard for 2 years. It could be a good candidate for a conversion.

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
He never even said GU, it could be 1988 to 2015.

Diamond my point is that whilst members here are happy to answer good questions there is an onus on the thread starter to do some research before posting. We aren't a helpdesk. There is plenty i don't know about patrols but 98% of the good questions have already been asked and replied to already.

Do some searching then re-ask the question with many more details, but at the moment you may as well be asking how long is a piece of string.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts