Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

Finally as promised long time ago first pictures of Globetrotter mod.
It was a huge prject, mostly because of many mechanical conflicts and required additional signals for electronics control.

Now it has:
  • nice powerful engine BMW M57,
  • engine monitoring on Android Unit (2 DIN size)
  • lifted body (2") and suspension lift (2")
  • shock absorbers and spring coild OLD Emu (extended 2")
  • reinforeced breake system DBA parts
  • allmost 1m diameter tires 325mm width
  • media center (2 DIN size)

Still far to go with detailing but already is fun to drive.
0-100km/h 7.2s
weight 2,870kg
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Sky Wheel Tire
Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Mode of transport
Sky Land vehicle Car Cloud Vehicle
Mirror Sky Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,445 Posts
Very impressive.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,568 Posts
Where are the engine pics?
Yes, that is what I want to see in great detail, this is apparently a popular engine swap in Russia, great engine but way to expensive to contemplate here.

·
Rogue
D23 Navara ST-X
20,466 Posts
Yes, that is what I want to see in great detail, this is apparently a popular engine swap in Russia, great engine but way to expensive to contemplate here.
Cheaper than you think here. You can pick up a whole car with a decent engine for about $4,000. Sell off the rest and it's a winner. Kits still coming out of Poland from Warsztat 4x4 warszawa i okolice

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,568 Posts
Cheaper than you think here. You can pick up a whole car with a decent engine for about $4,000. Sell off the rest and it's a winner. Kits still coming out of Poland from Warsztat 4x4 warszawa i okolice
OK stand corrected. Not aware of anyone on here doing it though. but as said earlier popular in Russia.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,445 Posts
The link is a bit difficult to read for a monolingual skippy. Pictures looked good though. 😉👍

Reactions: 62woollybugger

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are the engine pics?
Good morning all,

Some more pictures are coming when I make final touch ups. Still need few elements for installation,
Like adaptor from X6 filtercover to Nissan air filter box, adaptor for oil filling tap cover and piping for Air Conditioning.

Jaw Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting Jewellery
Bumper Automotive tire Gas Machine Office equipment
Bicycle part Gear Rim Engineering Auto part
Crankset Wheel Gear Automotive tire Bicycle part
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Engineering Automotive design Machine
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Bumper Vehicle
Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The 3.0L Diesel M57 specifically is in the 3 Series, 5 Series, X3, X5, etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M57
And here is an example Log into Facebook
I was looking into this a while ago when contemplating what to get for the next family car. And thought these x5's were pretty cheap and thought they had this M57 engine. But if I remember correctly it was a different variant, possibly N57 that we got.
Anyway after hours of trying to work it out I concluded the sort after M57 was not common here and gave up on the idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts