Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

this may seem like a stupid question, but can i block/kink and zip tie the tube coming off the pcv(thats the thing at the back ontop of the tappet covver isnt it?? i have just installed a zd30 air box, and i haven't got the materials to plumb it into the air box. it will only be until Tuesday arvo, as the car is going to the mechanics and staying overnight tomorrow. or will that f shizzle up, and i should just bodge up something that will put it into the air box?

its going to the mechanics the have the valves and crap in that area re-set and a full pre-turbo inspection.

cheers

jbates58

·
Registered
nissan/swb gq
843 Posts
Dont block it , the Rocker cover need's to breath . for a quick fix just put a longer hose in it and poke it into the chasis rail so you dont get oil mist everywhere . then once you get it back plum it up properly.

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm not a bad idea. lol. i just temporarily dumped it into the chassy rail. will be out tues arvo.

thanks guys

cheers

jbates58

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
is this needed to be attached from the airbox to the inlet manifold somewhere? or can it be permanently caught?

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
I did the exact same mod....ended up running the pcv into a welded fitting on the inlet manifold pipe from zd30 box to i/m.

After all, thats what the factory configuration was before i started the mod.

·
Registered
nissan
11,174 Posts
it also cannot be plumbed back in after the turbo, has to be before or you will pressurize your engine again blowing seals out. anywhere between the air box and the turbo inlet will be fine. if you like for a permanent thing tap in before turbo and put a catch can between pcv and that fitting, that way it catches all the rubbish and is all legal.

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is this needed to be attached from the airbox to the inlet manifold somewhere? or can it be permanently caught?
i would also like confirmation on this, as i dont want this crap gumming up my turbo when its in, can i just put a catch can in, and then vent it? with a filter? or into the exhaust?

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
just been reading myself, and you put the line onto a catch can and then another line from the catch can to somewhere between the airbox and turbo!
correct me if i'm wrong

1 - 10 of 10 Posts