Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having phone issues, 3 times this morning I've txt daughter and a couple of friends and the txt have failed to go, had to retry several times on each, calls are fine so far. Anyone else have this issue?

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Had a notice a while ago that Telstra is doing some work and service could be interrupted. Lost nbn for a little while.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a notice a while ago that Telstra is doing some work and service could be interrupted. Lost nbn for a little while.
Txt is bloody hopeless here gave up on the last one and rang my mate, txt just wouldn't go through, daughter replied but my return txt has dropped out 5 times so far.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rod, moved out of GD to own thread. Have not had any NBN notifications, just had a reply to my daughter drop out 6 times and finished up calling, she is a nurse and I want to keep a regular check on her.

·
Blues Won as Expected. Go the Knights
30,379 Posts
I know Telstra are sending out text messages to every mobile for the government in relation to the virus..

That's probably putting ba strain on the network..

·
Registered
634 Posts
Doesn't take much to strain the telstra network. I've been getting daily drop outs of service from them all week but it's been affecting the whole system and not just texts.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
The whole network is overloaded due to people working from home and those that have no jobs now plush I had trouble yesterday making calls. Sometimes i get text that have been sent up to a month ago.

Foo

·
Registered
GUIII ZD30 ST-L
24 Posts
The whole network is under strain. It's because of the way they chose a HYBRID system (who hates a HYBRID?) of fibre, HFC and copper wires that are over 50 years old now and failing to keep up.
I heard a News story a few days ago from the CEO of NBN claiming they will be increasing the speeds for EVERYBODY. I call BS on that for 4 reasons.
  • The network can only go as fast as it's slowest point. Much the same way as a ZD3.0l can only make so much horsepower before things start exploding out of the block. When there is so much copper in the network and that's where the speeds are slowest. Anyone with FTTN or FTTC will find that to be true. YOU CAN'T WORK AGAINST PHYSICS AND EXPECT TO WIN.
  • Anyone who has FTTP will be able to get higher speeds, but that is only around 5% of the network (mostly business) and that is the network design we SHOULD have had and the one we DESERVE, but doing things on the cheap has it's consequences and we are all suffering because of it.
  • The NBN network was NEVER designed to take the load of that many people working from home as is happening now and something has to give, the domestic user who is the lowest on the Totem pole of importance. It was designed for domestic users to be intermittent users of bandwidth, not constant users and NEVER took Netflix and other streaming services in mind because they didn't exist at the time. They should have built resiliency into it, just like NADS on a ZD30 (you may not need it now, but it may prevent a 'grenade' happening in the future,
  • If they can speed the network, then they have been FOOLING US by charging the same amount of speeds for many years and now will be charging us for speeds we should have had all along. SHAME ON YOU NBN. .
That is my understanding on why the network is so slow now. Don't expect it to get better. This may be the new 'normal'

·
Registered
nissan
381 Posts
Optus Network was down today in Shoalhaven due to 'network congestion', or at least that's what the recorded msg said when you tried to ring.

·
Registered
nissan
757 Posts
We recently had an 11 day stint offline from Friday 20th to Tuesday 31st March. Reported to Optus and young bloke told them his opinion was it was the modem :confused:. They remotely tested and said the modem is fine and promptly referred the fault/blame to NBN. Saturday AM Call Centre in Mumbai was shutdown due lock down imposed by Indian Govt and very, very long call wait times rerouted to alternate centre . With two students and wife working from home throughout this period hot spotting off mobiles, a significant data bill there. Wife's sense of humour was gone dealing with the lack of service provided by the two companies shifting blame to each other. Finally after wife calmly delivered ultimatum to Optus they dispatched a Tech (within 4 days!!), he walked in, did his sanitising and physical distancing thing, said our 3yr old Optus modem is junk, replaced it with the latest version and haven't missed a beat since. Young bloke had some geek speak with the Tech and both unimpressed at timeline of simple fix fault. Wife's waiting for the data bill to arrive and she'll resume combat with Optus. Living in a house in 2020 with two teenagers offline, not good. Note to self:- listen up when the youngsters speak about tech!! :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts