Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M'kay, im with 3. but im not fussed who im with as long as its 3 or telstra since i need the coverage of next g.;)

Contract is up for renewal, what phone should i get?

·
Registered
nissan
503 Posts
i hate 3, i get **** signal where i am, and because they just merged with vodaphone the mobile internet is really slow as there is now double the customers using the same bandwidth... go telstra for sure...

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Im coutning down the days till i can p1ss off voda for telstra.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Telstra is about to launch 4g. Get a 4g phone with blue tick and you'll have AWESOME coverage and fast media...

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Telstra is about to launch 4g. Get a 4g phone with blue tick and you'll have AWESOME coverage and fast media...
Agree with Mic and, like you, coverage is my main concern, unfortunately they all rip you off in some way, I need to replace mine very soon also.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
M'kay, im with 3. but im not fussed who im with as long as its 3 or telstra since i need the coverage of next g.;)

Contract is up for renewal, what phone should i get?
get an iPhone 4 on a decent telstra plan!
compare all there plans as to what suits you best.
people say, that telstra is a rip of, but if you do your research..
you will find that telstra can be very competitive.

Im coutning down the days till i can p1ss off voda for telstra.
ring up the ACCC, complain - **** service/coverage etc, ask if the green light is still avail for exit of contract with no fees!
if the ACCC, say yess.. ring VODA and tell them to shove it up there CANDY ASSS!

and they cant say no, because you have spoken to the ACCC.
if they still refuse, ask for there number and ext number; there full name..
and call the ACCC back, let them handel it.

i know for a fact that the ACCC will come down ALOT harder on them, then what we can!
in some cases, ive seen employee's sacked, because the ACCC has had to become more involved.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
BEWARE! iphones don't have blue tick, so won't have the same coverage as those with the blue tick. I wish i knew that before i got my iphone ;(

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
BEWARE! iphones don't have blue tick, so won't have the same coverage as those with the blue tick. I wish i knew that before i got my iphone ;(
the blue tick is just a gimmick! i swear.

if you read telstra's claim, its actually 98% of the population and not 98% of the country!

i live in country SA; and find i get really good coverage all over the place.

and, all the phones with a bluetick are *****!.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
old.school.hero said:
...all the phones with a bluetick are *****!.
Why are they ****? Is it cause they dont have all the toys and gimmicks? stalkerbook etc?

Do they make calls and receive calls? Some people are happy with a device that does that.

Jacket, there have been dozens of threads recently saying Telstra arent cheap, but they work in so many more places than anywhere else...

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Jacket, there have been dozens of threads recently saying Telstra arent cheap, but they work in so many more places than anywhere else...
Amen to that and the only reason I am still with them. Most of the makers say 98% of the population, that's easy, Telstra is the only one that keeps going when the others have faded.

Apart from that I'd like the share price to rise, have quite a number of the worthless things.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Mic,
Ya say 4g is the go

Well hate to tell ya all the best coverage i ever had was CDMA
3g is sh*t compared to it
So i hope 4g is better

Even got the sat fone at home and its sh*t also

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Wouldnt buy a Telstra branded phone if it comes from ZTE they are rubbish, we have had 4 phones die in 12 months as they are not up to the job. They say they are robust...
Had one fixed at my cost by ZTE and that voided the warrantee, serious.
Bought cheap Nokias (Prepaid) and put the telstra card in them, they work a treat.
Coverage is good as well, and use them in the irridian sat phone.
Macca

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Amen to that as well! But I remember my old analogue where I lived in the Central West of NSW, good reliable coverage. Then that shut down and along came CDMA and I had to stand on one leg at the corner fence post. Was back there for a friends 50th a while back with my 3g and sorry folks "no reception".

Each time they tell us it will be better for us, it's usually bloody worse, that's progress at minimal cost for you............and the rural people suffer. I Feel better now!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
iPhone 4 has Blue tick for handheld coverage, the older ones dont.

The only reason not full Blue Tick is because no external anntenna connection.

As for Handheld coverage blue tick, iPhone 4 gets it which is pretty rare for a smartphone.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I just recieved a 2 page apology letter from Nigel Dews (CEO of Vodafone) because they are so schit.

If he thinks im gonna lap that crap up and stay with them, he is outright derlious.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Went from vigin to Telstra and man am I glad I did that. They absolutly own in reception and reliablity

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
iv got a roaming package with 3, so i roam on telstra next g anyway. my reception wont change so long as i get a handset with umts 850mhz compatibility. ill probably get the new sony or apple.

Xperia

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
No arguement there.
Kyocera 3245 is the best phone I've ever had.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
CEO Telstra is pushing for 4G by September this year, this has brought initial release forward and will make them world leader in cell technolgy. This is bad for NBN plan, but good for us.

4G will run on NextG spectrum 850mhz so little effect on current system, its for data transmission and is new technology and wont be in the bush. It just gives mega speed in inner city areas.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
iPhone 4 has Blue tick for handheld coverage, the older ones dont.

The only reason not full Blue Tick is because no external anntenna connection.

As for Handheld coverage blue tick, iPhone 4 gets it which is pretty rare for a smartphone.
Oh. Cool. The dude in the shop just said they don't have blue tick. Know my old nolia got reception where noone elses did cos they didn't have the blue tick.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts