Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
nissan 99gu patrol ute st
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email showing some of the new speed camera vehicles in the south east area.

Was told there are three of them maybe more, twin cab utes with canopies & racks on top.

The colour of the ute's are (black) , (red) & (light blue). Photo's attached of two spotted around the Clayfield area.

They look like tradie utes, sneaky buggers.

Cheers.
image0081[1].jpg

image0092[1].jpg

·
Ring In..... for now
nissan
282 Posts
Wow!
That's even worse than the nsw ones!!
Should be about visible policing, this doesn't make the road safer, nor slow people down. Just means we spend about 80% of the time watching the speedo!!

It could almost be justified if he revenue was going to fund more cops on roads, or at least road improvements etc, but to bonuses for private companies & the gov't coffers!! What a load of *****e!!!

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
Lol. theres way more vehicles than that,

there is even p plate undercover cops around (vehicles that have p-plates on them)
White utes falcon utes
4x4's with camper trailers
turbo'd charged doof doof cars
R1 motorcycles

theres so many kinds of undercover cops you will be amazed. I only have a picture of the p-plate for falcon ute though,

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,171 Posts
turbo'd charged doof doof cars
I saw a little silver one ( Golf ) I think at the lights near the KFC at morningside on the way home tonight , bating this poor sap in a v8 commodore to a drag at the lights and guess what happened when the commo bagged up the tyres - lights and siren come on - pull over son, very sneaky

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
I saw a little silver one ( Golf ) I think at the lights near the KFC at morningside on the way home tonight , bating this poor sap in a v8 commodore to a drag at the lights and guess what happened when the commo bagged up the tyres - lights and siren come on - pull over son, very sneaky
Thats just very sneaky, and unfair in a way.

I'd love to state that its unfair, and sad to have these kind of un-marked cars. But it surley will help people slow down on our roads,

even though we are having abit of fun on a completely safe road. Its just very helpful in a crinimalatic way.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,567 Posts
No way a golf could keep up with a V8 dude.
it does if they have red and blue flashing lights!
but on the other hand, if the v8 driver decides to give it the boot,
mr golf man would beat him to his front door.

if it was a r32 or r33 golf gti, v6 turbo awd.. they like to boogie!

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
Entrapment by the Qld police is nothing new. I did my licence due to points when I was 18, thats 30 years ago. One of the methods used to help me manage this was to sit hard up my backside at night. This is when I was on my bike. When I sped up, to keep in front of the tailgating idiot, the blue (yes there was only one colour back then) light came on, and I got done for speeding.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
That's insane, way more sneaky than NSW. At least we know a white territory parked up could be a camera car or unmarked SS/XR series with black tints will be hwy patrol - but those you guys described above jet ski's and camper trailers is just crap!
I'll have to keep my head down when next over in gods country!

Hang on Smokeys natural speed will do that LOL

·
Grenade Master
Nissan Patrol 05
2,642 Posts
Queensland police acting inappropriately?

NO WAI!!!!
Ya mean the police acting inappropriately that wouldn't be happening in OZ. I'm so sick of these excuses for a proper visible policing. But hey the number of boys in blue don't get it either so of we go on the merry-go-round where cops are the tax collectors and criminals have a free reign. As long as the "hoons":headwall: are off the road.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 95rx
73 Posts
the new cars in NSW are out as far as Yass and Collector now and are at the top of hills, road intersections and anywere else you can imagine (on the hume and federal hwys)
I'll bet it wont be long untill the 120 on the hwy is a thing of the past in NSW we used to have a 10% tollerence so we got away with 120 but with the camera cars and now the fine structure including 10k or under it wont be long untill we start getting fines rolling in
the thing thats frustrating to me is in 1978 people were driving old cortinas toranas the mighty vb commadore and xd falcon (i used them because they were new at the time) at 120k on the hwys and here we are 30 years later with better tyres,air bags,abs,esp,etc etc and we are still only doing 120k if it were up to the government they'd have the place at a stand still
and heres a new one the camera car operator has been given special allowence to park anywere they please this includes footpaths bus zones no stopping zones and the list goes on and they cant be booked if they get a ticket it is squashed but as a courier im not allowed to park just anywere and im doing the same thing im working talk about a double standard

ive vented i feel better now
mick

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,691 Posts
Why do they have to resort to sneaky tactics ???

From all the squillions of dollars they make ,surely they could afford to get more police drivin around

Wouldnt it be safer and better for the general public if we had more visible cop cars running around than resorting to this playskool BS tricks they do

·
Slow But Reliable
nissan gq patrol
527 Posts
Sick and tired of spending most of my driving time looking at the speedo, making sure that l don't drive 3km/h over the speed limit. I'm sure that this distraction has caused some people to be involved in accidents. I am sure that most people are like me, if they see a visible cop car they are more aware of what they are doing, therefore they slow down. But if a camera gets you, you don't know about it for some time, when the infridgement notice comes in the mail. I just wish the Victorian Government (and l'm sure most state governments are the same) would spend more money on getting more police on the streets to fight crime and not just being sneaky by getting the poor sods who get in trouble for being as little as 3km's over the speed limit. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
Police are not allowed to entrap you. You can fight it in court that the undercover police were doing an illegal activity - inciting. yes, you shouldn't have done it, but would you have done it unless you were inticed to???

Also police are not allowed to break the law either, unless they have lights and sirens going off. Other thing is if they see you doing something wrong, they have to pull you up immediately. They are not allowed to wait for you to do something else wrong and charge you for both.

I have been followed many times after doing something that they view as dangerous but didn't pull me up straight away, so no ticket.

Mind you I was told this some time ago and who knows what things have changed since this communist government can to power.

Some are also not good at the subject of physics... Light went green before I got to the lights, unmarked in the right lane, doing 30, I slowed but then accelerated to 70 (the speed limit), and I was a good 150m in front before they accelerated and caught up before throwing the party lights on. Anyway first question was "What were you going 80 in a 60 zone?" I politely corrected him that "I was doing 70 in a 70 zone" to which he replied, "then why did I have to do 85 to catch up to you?" um yeah. I maintained I was doing 70 and he got very irate even swearing at me. after a thourough check over my stock standard commodore, he let em go then I turn up the next driveway which was mine. Oh yeah, if you get pulled up outside your house and they ask where you live, don't point to your house and say "here", they don't like that either. ;)

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
I turn up the next driveway which was mine. Oh yeah, if you get pulled up outside your house and they ask where you live, don't point to your house and say "here", they don't like that either. ;)[/QUOTE]

hahahaha i got pulled over IN my driveway and license checked and breath tested, they didnt believe i lived there untill they seen my license!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts