1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have found a maverick td42 in pakenham
I am flying from Adelaide to Melbourne on Wednesday. My question is how
Do I find my way from tullamarine to pakenham?

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
My question is how
Do I find my way from tullamarine to pakenham?
it'll cost you a motzah by taxi....

pakenham isn't exactly inner suburbs

if you go down the monash freeway its about an hour

don't go the eastern as it will take longer

it also depends what time you arrive tulla, the roads start to get busier after 1500
if you arrive earlier then outbound traffic is not so bad, arrive after lunch or mid afternoon and your wallet will get lighter...

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill be arriving around 9am i was hoping for public transport options most of the way! is there like a tram or train that heads out that way from the airport? would it be possible to bus it? thanks

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
ill be arriving around 9am i was hoping for public transport options most of the way! is there like a tram or train that heads out that way from the airport? would it be possible to bus it? thanks
you can catch the airport shuttle from tulla to the city and then catch a bus out to packenham - it all depends on whether the truck lives near a bus route

I used to live at Mentone a few years back, which is approx 3/4 the distance. I can't for the life of me remember the buses as I used to drive anyway.

IIRC the bus heads down the Nepean Highway from where I lived, but the monash freeway route is further out.

ring Vic transport, they should be able to tell you

you want to avoid taxis as you're going to want the $50+ dollars that would go to the taxi driver for diesel to get home... :)

·
Registered
nissan/swb gq
843 Posts
Like was said earlyer, Catch the Skybus from the Airport into Spencer st Station , then just catch the train to packenham , then either get picked up from there by the people your buying it off , or catch a taxi from there .
Melbournes trains fairly suck . but it's direct from the city without having to trancefer .
if you dont mind paying a little extra $$$ , use the VLine train that runs to Sale or Traralgon , there's not as many of THOSE people in there .

Good luck with the new Bus .

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers guys, just been on metlink web stie and ill skybus it to spencer st and the metro train to pakenham :) sounds easy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts