Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What else did you do in Dubai?.. See some races there?..
Well.....a two day conference, some time in our office, the Ministry and a quick trip to Beirut. No races. Ordered a new Pajero for work though = Dh124,000 (about $34,000)

Peter

·
Registered
419 Posts
See any with interior that's not beige ?

·
Grenade Master
Nissan Patrol 05
2,642 Posts
Beige interior, chrome dials everywhere, plastic wrap around bumpers, geez if I wanted that I'd buy a Lexus. Can't even imagine to take it Simpson. I'm sorry but Nissan has completely lost the plot. How about designing some real thing which can be driven anywhere without spending thousands on aftermarket bits. Or increasing load carrying capacity so after I throw in a fridge, couple of jerries, spare wheel, roof rack, bullbar I need to leave passengers at home cause I'm overloaded already. Or how about putting in Patrol some decent diesel engine now, instead of Pathfinder/Navarra. Please Mr Nissan back to basics again no one is interested in another Lexus with 4WD drivetrain.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,726 Posts
Very very gory. Yesterday I saw a bloke who would buy that. He was practicing his 44 point parallel parking maneuver in a sparkly Land Rover. Too bad about the right hand alloy wheels he ruined on the curb.....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Cann't wait to see one driven at "The Nissan Trials". Won't even make it down the road to the camping site.

·
Registered
Nissan
308 Posts
It's starting to grow on me . As a land barge towing a van around the Island it would be ideal . Obviously rock crawling is out and bar work will be a work of art but as a big comfy tourer , it would be real good .

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Those guys over there who own oil companies and more diamonds than a south african mine, dont settle for anything else other than leather. I think if a few people got off their high horse about all the gizmos that the "TI" version has then they would probably like it in ST trim with 18's, cloth seats, no wood or TV's etc. I dont think its occured to a few that the images we have all seen is the top of the line luxurious spec and there will be plenty more watered down and basic options.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yup, pretty much why I asked.. You'd expect a lower spec version, but there has been no pics of any of them yet. It seems that top of the range is all you get.

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
There is a catalogue somewhere (cant remember where from) that shows the specs between the "ti and ST versions. Pretty much the samer as the GU, except rims which I think are 18's or even 17's.
Whole different interior, external trims, suspension doesnt have the wizz bang hydraulic add ons. I think it also has a 5-speed auto. Anyway, multiple things that will breing the price well below the 100k the top spec will go for.

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,006 Posts
It is strange that the very things that have made the Patrol the offroading icon that it is today have all been cast aside so readily. As enthusiasts, to us this seems like a useless move that will only lose it thousands of "loyal fans" world wide. Surely this would punch a massive hole in your proffits... History tells us this isn't so.

Looking back a fair few years now Nissan ceased production of it's Silvia/200sx line and massively scaled down it's production of skylines (thank god:p) These cars had been iconic in the performance car world for years and i remember thinking to myself... "why would you put a bullet into your best thouroghbreds"... this only left the relatively un-popular 350Z. Turns out that releasing the ugly as sin Murano, a revamped (and equally ugly micra) plus a few other shopping cart sh*tters bumped up the sales and Nissan posted a huge proffit anyway.

I truely believe this ugly, plastic smear on a great name will make Nissan a squidillion dollars and another iconic piece of machinery will slip off quietly into the darkness.:(

but what the hell do i know...

·
Registered
55 Posts
The pic of the rear end said it all!!
It's got a tow ring instead of a tow ball fitted she ready to towing some big stuff lighting plants, caravans and small houses.
And the look is growing on me but its just to big you never fit it in any normal parking spot you be trolling out side shoping centers looking for a spot cause it wont fit in any muiti level car park.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
47 Posts
U G L Y you ain't got no alibi, you UGLY ... (do you know how the song goes??).

Too dramatic a styling change for me - trying to follow suit with the sloped and cutting edges of the euro brands ... looks good on a BMW, looks like a pretender on a Nissan ...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
17 Posts
Hmmm I'm sure all that don't like this Nissan
Might feel differently if it had the city kicked out of it And a bit if bush put in ?
Example ; usable interior that would get stained the second ur rear hits the seat
And bar lift lockers what's ever ur poison.I'd have one in a heart beat! Crusin oz in a tricked out
Super comfy plush patrol +1 for that

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts
Some things are good, some [email protected] I like how the rear seats go into the floor.(or seem to).
The dials on the steering wheel for radio.
The factory GPS.
All things i think you should get when you fork out 60 odd k for a ST version.

Don't like that crap in the front guards and the steering wheel is on the wrong side.
Not really my cup of tea. Like the GU better

·
Registered
455 Posts
scotto i agree that would be the most uglyiest thing i have seen since the 200 series Landcrab. Thats the big Thumbs down from me cheers MO

1 - 20 of 30 Posts