Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys
I was just wondering what gauges you guys are running (mechanical, Electric) and if a mechanical boost gauge fits in the replacement pillar pod.
Thanks Jason:grin:

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,683 Posts
Autometer boost & pyro
The boost is mechanical and the pyro is electric.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Autometer - Mech Boost, Elec Pyro. The only thing I did was get a 90deg elbow to go on the back of the boost gauge as theres not enough room with the straight fitting.

·
Registered
nissan
202 Posts
I have a dual electric McNally Pyro/Boost in one and looking to install a transmission temp guage in the other

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
VDO Boost Mechanical & VDO Pyro electronic and yes it is a tight fit for the boost line tube, but go it in without kincks

·
Registered
nissan
340 Posts
I've got a Exhaust temp, volt gauge and mech oil pressure. All auto meter, imported from the U.S.
I didn't want a pod, as night driving would have been annoying, and they look tacky.
I bought cups with the gauges and installed them below the radio, just above the 12 volt outlet, looks much neater.

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
hey,

i've got a autron pillar pod and autometer cobalt gauges.
mecnicla boost gauge and electric pyro gauge.
im fitting them at the moment there has been a few problem's with connections and get it to fit.
i did the same a 78oll with the 90 degree bend on the boost gauge

·
Registered
nissan gu iii
22 Posts
there is a gauge i seen and it have like 5 different things in it. It is only for like the 08 patrols. i think it was like little sq shape.. anyone know what i am talking about?
if you do, do you have one and like it?

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Ray has it as well as many others. A great tool to have for the CRD motor.

Get one...... you won't look back.

Check out the scangauge website to see all the readings from the gauge.

http://www.scangauge.com.au/

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu iii
22 Posts
No.

ECUTalk will be suffice.

ECUTalk - News

And the related thread.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/niss...-consult-software-now-supports-diesels-49013/

Not quiet as good as the Scan gauge, see their website for the variations between the two.

Have a read & you will see what I mean. I thought you needed the support for a 2008 model CRD hence my prior suggestion for the Scan gauge. But since you want one for a 2006, get the ECUTalk
thanks paul.. i will look into the ecutalk :)

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Do any of the OBD tools work at all with the trusty ol' 4.2 donk?
Cant comment on your rig, speak to petefire427, I believe he has one fitted to his 2006 4.2 or contact/Pm Peter from ECUTalk to confirm.

·
Ring In..... for now
nissan
282 Posts
Thanks Paul & NewKleer
yeah, its a '99 TD42T so I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there for it to talk to :(

·
Registered
nissan
306 Posts
its for OBDII, and if normal OBDII stuff like scanguage doesnt work, its very unlikely it will. for those the scangauge works for (CRD ZD30) then it may work

1 - 20 of 20 Posts