Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys in need of the rear diff pinion nut torque spec cos it somehow has loosened off and my diff started whining real bad i need to torq it back up but dont know what its ment to be at please someone tell me quick as its my only car at the moment and i have to go to work

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
long as its tight it wont matter. they have big non collapsing spacers for bearing preload so do her up as tight as you can.
id say you need a new nut though as they should basically lock on and not come off.

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm not sure what's wrong with it I pulled the tail shaft out and the pinion is moving around and has about 10mm of play all around I tried tightening the nut but I can't move it to undo it or anything so I dunno what to do .... I guess I'll have to hand it over to a diff place .... Unless someone else has experienced this Aswell Nd knows how to fix it

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
at a guess i would say by now your diff is "fubar", it would be cheaper to just source another diff center and fit that , if you drain the oil i would imagine it is full of metal

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
yeah i aagree with It'sa if you pull the center out and bring it to my place ill fix it for you if you want.

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found a complete diff to swap over out of a 93 efi Gq so if they are the same ratio I'll just grab that and bang it in be alot quicker than stuffin around

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Iv got a set of 4.11 diffs here if u want one.. say $100?

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Complete rear diff or just a set of gears? Cos I spoke to a mate of mine and he thinks the bearing has colapsed and that's why it's happened So I'd rather just swap the diff over or pay someone to do it ..... I hate doing diffs they f**kin stink like ****

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
yeah you can have the complete diff for 100, but can i have ur old one so i can still move the chassy its on.. call me 0411055254 you can come get it now if you want

1 - 11 of 11 Posts