Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using their amplifiers??
I know that their Rms power claims are too high to be true but I have read a few good things about them..
Ryda are selling one of them atm..Its called a TR2400, Am toying with getting one of these and using 2 channels to run my door speakers and bridging the other pair later to power a 10 inch sub..
Thoughts?

Registered
I'm thinking your simple speaker upgrade off the headunit is spiralling out of control. 馃榿

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #3
Cant help myself fester.. The ute is what ive always wanted mate and I love listening to good music while driving so why not..I dont gamble or go to the pub and other than my wife, daughter and dogs Its my only real interest.

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #4
The sub im looking at is a Kicker 10" that comes in a factory slim line, ported enclosure that will fit perfectly behind the passanger seat. The sub is rated at 300 watts rms and from what Ive read, kick ass.

Registered
Haha. Know what you mean. I鈥檝e got but haven鈥檛 installed yet one of those little amp/sub combo units to put in my Ute. It鈥檚 an early Focal unit which I don鈥檛 think they do anymore but it has the channels to also run a pair of speakers as well. Just all line level based, no RCA鈥檚.
But then I also have my old Alpine PDX series amps, the nice little ones all in identical casings. I鈥檝e got the 4-100 which like you suggest could bridge for a slimline amp or I also still have the 1-600 mono amp. Could flog off the Alpine Type R 12鈥 and the Option Audio 12鈥 and do as you and put in a full size slimline. Just not sure of mounting the amps as Alpine don鈥檛 recommend wall mounting which would be neatest.
Dont know about Planet Audio but surely any reasonable brand amp in a small scale system like that should come up alright.
Rockford Fosgate used to do some well priced and small footprint amps that I was tossing up a few years ago, not sure if they are still available over here anymore.

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #6
Rockford Fosgate are avaiilable at Autobarn fester..
Sounds like you have some nice gear just lying about mate..
Wonder why Alpine are so fussy with mounting positions, I'd just mount it and see how it goes.
TCWC104 is the model Kicker sub and enclosure Im looking at, will fit perfectly behind seat.
Dont know about the Focal amp-sub combo...I fitted a similar set up (cant remember brand) to my sons single cab triton and it was very dissapointing.
LOL.. you will end up in the poo with misso fester.:giggle:

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #7
Forget the planet audio job..Fusion have a class d amp putting out 150 rms per channel at 4 ohm and are 400 odd bridged at 4 ohm.

Registered
I got this one from ryda for doing exactly what you are suggesting.
I have a pioneer 10" slim line and some pioneer components for the front doors.
I have no real preferance over brands its just what i have ened up with over the years.
I did a heap of reading and lookon for amps and this one ticked all my boxes for that mid range system and that amp got great reviews for its class.

Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
I am not familiar with Planet Audio either. You have to be careful buying stuff that was good when we were young blokes too. Some of it is not what it used to be. My cousin got caught out by this. Found a good amp (Sony) at a good price, so it looked great value for what he needed. Ample power for the job. But it was quite disappointing. We then spoke to a car audio bloke we both new from back in the late 80's (when we were young blokes!) and he told us they were now not very good.

Times change I suppose. The old adage of you get what you pay for still applies here. Go cheap and you take a risk unless you know the product. Like you, I found that there is some really good stuff for sale at discount stores, just because they are an obsolete model. New in box with warranty, but approved dealers are now stocking new models so they go to clearance houses.

Registered
nissan
ive always turned to jl audio for amps and speakers. even with just front splits my system cranks in a wagon. need to put some back speakers in and a second amp/sub. but swmbo doesnt like loud music so its never been a massive priority.

Registered
2003 GU PATROL
Another vote for JL Audio. I used to only use their subs back in the days of owning DOOF DOOF cars and they cranked!

Registered
Back in my day, subs didn鈥檛 exist
I did have a 7 band graphic equalizer
Still have it somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I remember those days. My first 鈥渉igh end鈥 radio/cassette was a clarion that had I think 5 equaliser knobs built in. And subs were a couple of 6 x 9鈥檚 on the parcel shelf.

i don鈥檛 buy any current model stuff for my audio. My last few head units have been the prior season fashion bought in from the US because they were even cheaper and usually last seasons US stuff was still being sold at this seasons prices over here. My Alpine amps, sub and splits were second hand from a millenial who either got sick of not current parts or couldn鈥檛 pay his rego. Boostcruising used to be a good source of cheap audio because the young blokes would splash out then not too much later not be able to pay a bill and sell it all again.

i used Option Audio gear new for a while a few years ago and they seemed pretty good and good value.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Back in my day, subs didn鈥檛 exist
I did have a 7 band graphic equalizer
Still have it somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
WTF, I had a Marantz 9ch one, cost me $200 back in the late 70s. ;)

Foo

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Anyone using their amplifiers??
I know that their Rms power claims are too high to be true but I have read a few good things about them..
Ryda are selling one of them atm..Its called a TR2400, Am toying with getting one of these and using 2 channels to run my door speakers and bridging the other pair later to power a 10 inch sub..
Thoughts?
This is the one that I have, an Alpine and it sits in behind my glovebox and there is plenty of length in the wiring. ;)

Foo

Reactions: 45/70

Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
45w out of 4 channels is pretty good for an amp that is 189mm long. It would be Class D I guess, but they are much improved nowadays. My Boston is 4 channels at 100w RMS, but it is 560mm long. Not likely to get that behind your glovebox!

I don't have a pic of it finished, only a progress pic. The unit above it is a CD changer, and the other amp is an Alpine V12 Monoblock.

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #19
Fusion is the one for me..
Ticks all the boxes, 150w rms x4 @ 4 ohms..
450w rms bridged x2 @ 4 ohms..
Only has a small footprint due to it being a class D.馃憤

Registered
This is the one that I have, an Alpine and it sits in behind my glovebox and there is plenty of length in the wiring. ;)

Foo
I tried one of those early on in the ute. Thought perfect sizing but had a fault and wouldn't power up at same time as head unit due to starting power cut and I would have to turn radio off and back on to get it to power up. Tried a few things and never got it to work so got refund and got the powered sub unit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts