Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
45w out of 4 channels is pretty good for an amp that is 189mm long. It would be Class D I guess, but they are much improved nowadays. My Boston is 4 channels at 100w RMS, but it is 560mm long. Not likely to get that behind your glovebox!

I don't have a pic of it finished, only a progress pic. The unit above it is a CD changer, and the other amp is an Alpine V12 Monoblock. View attachment 519144
OMG a CD Changer. Didnt they go out of fashion just after the graphic equaliser. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Reactions: Foo

Registered
This is what i installed last night.
20200505_140758.jpg

Pioneer GM-D8704
  • Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier
  • 1,200 Watts Max Power
  • 4 x 100W RMS 4惟
  • 4 x 150W RMS 2惟
  • 2 x 300W RMS 4惟 bridged
  • 2 x 250W RMS 2惟 bridged
  • 4/3/2 Channel Amp
Its going to run a pair of:
Pioneer TS-D170C components (260W max / 60W nominal)
Pioneer TS-SW-251 10" slimline sub (800W max / 200W nominal)

I had the speakers in my old ute with a small kenwood amp and they performed as good as i want. However i did put some effort into the doors. Full sound deadening and i also made some panels to seal off the big holes in the doors. Got the idea from this video

Registered
Youngster, we had the 8 track.
Don't worry. I never had one but I'm old enough to have seen one and know what they are.

Reactions: 45/70

Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
Fusion is the one for me..
Ticks all the boxes, 150w rms x4 @ 4 ohms..
450w rms bridged x2 @ 4 ohms..
Only has a small footprint due to it being a class D.馃憤
I always thought Fusion was a bit cheap and nasty for some reason, no recollection why though. How do they compare in the market do you think?

Registered
This is what i installed last night.
View attachment 519191
Pioneer GM-D8704
  • Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier
  • 1,200 Watts Max Power
  • 4 x 100W RMS 4惟
  • 4 x 150W RMS 2惟
  • 2 x 300W RMS 4惟 bridged
  • 2 x 250W RMS 2惟 bridged
  • 4/3/2 Channel Amp
Its going to run a pair of:
Pioneer TS-D170C components (260W max / 60W nominal)
Pioneer TS-SW-251 10" slimline sub (800W max / 200W nominal)

I had the speakers in my old ute with a small kenwood amp and they performed as good as i want. However i did put some effort into the doors. Full sound deadening and i also made some panels to seal off the big holes in the doors. Got the idea from this video
I reckon good timber sections in the doors work well if you have room. Depends on the vehicle of course.

Registered
I reckon good timber sections in the doors work well if you have room. Depends on the vehicle of course.
Ive been thinking about this all day. I made new door cards in my old ute but wasnt happy with them. Firstly the melamine was a little too think and then i layed down a bit of foam that was again a little too think then the original upholstery over the top. In the end i had to lengthen the spline for the window winder so the handles would go back on.
I fixed speakers to a pair of pods i made then attatched them to the door card. It was all a bit heavy for the plastic clips.
This time im thinking i might use some of that composite sign board with the plastic sandwiched between a thin skin of ali. The on the back side of that i can stick some foam seal in the right places to make sure the door is fully sealed then mount the speaker to the door.
The only hard part of making a flat door card look factory is trimming it. The factory trimming has vynil and fabric as well as pressed lines to create a bit more texture.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #29
I always thought Fusion was a bit cheap and nasty for some reason, no recollection why though. How do they compare in the market do you think?
There is an article that Adam Rayner wrote on the ca-da41400 and he gave it a great wrap..Have a squiz if you get time.

Registered
Ive been thinking about this all day. I made new door cards in my old ute but wasnt happy with them. Firstly the melamine was a little too think and then i layed down a bit of foam that was again a little too think then the original upholstery over the top. In the end i had to lengthen the spline for the window winder so the handles would go back on.
I fixed speakers to a pair of pods i made then attatched them to the door card. It was all a bit heavy for the plastic clips.
This time im thinking i might use some of that composite sign board with the plastic sandwiched between a thin skin of ali. The on the back side of that i can stick some foam seal in the right places to make sure the door is fully sealed then mount the speaker to the door.
The only hard part of making a flat door card look factory is trimming it. The factory trimming has vynil and fabric as well as pressed lines to create a bit more texture.
What I have done on a few occasions is put my mounting screws through the door card into the door skin. So you may have a speaker pod, door trim/card, and then some timber behind as well some times if space permits, and a screw or bolt into a nutsert, that goes through the whole lot. Very solid.

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #32
Finished sound deadening doors today and mounted and wired amp.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #34
A lot better Foo, will be even better when I get the sub.(y)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts