Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to remove the plastic panel that runs full length of the back of my 06 ute cab to fit sound deadener..
Was just wondering if anyone else had done this and was there any trouble removing and fitting the panel?
Also, were you happy with the results?

Cheers Paul.

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im going to remove the plastic panel that runs full length of the back of my 06 ute cab to fit sound deadener..
Was just wondering if anyone else had done this and was there any trouble removing and fitting the panel?
Also, were you happy with the results?

Cheers Paul.
Forgot to mention,
I will be using the silver line stick on pads from autobarn. (y) (y)

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
4,660 Posts
You may have seen the second pic. But this is what went in behind it. You can ditch the plastic panel and put a nice solid one in.

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks fantastic Shayne but was just looking at removing plastic, fitting deadener, then replacing plastic..
Has anyone done this??

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,557 Posts
Are you referring to the plastic up the sides where the seatbelts bolt in?

If you are I’ve done it and sound deadened the whole panel to the roof. Didn’t have to much of an issue. All I needed to do was be aware of the locating holes and clear them out prior to refitting.

Reactions: 45/70

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No.. ment the whole back panel from window to floor pal.(y)

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,557 Posts
Sorry I don’t get what your on about. Unless that’s a difference between DX and ST

I have an 03 DX and there’s no plastic between the rear window and floor. it’s all vinyl with clips going into sheet metal holes and Velcro in the corners.

I replaced said vinyl with 6mm marine ply secured with rivnuts and bolts.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Sorry I don’t get what your on about. Unless that’s a difference between DX and ST

I have an 03 DX and there’s no plastic between the rear window and floor. it’s all vinyl with clips going into sheet metal holes and Velcro in the corners.

I replaced said vinyl with 6mm marine ply secured with rivnuts and bolts.
Not sure if we are getting tongue tied in the translation but in the St at least it is more of a plastic/firm vinyl and yes easy to remove just pop those little trim clips then it pretty much just pulls out from where it tucks a tthe window and the side trims. It's nto fixed anywhere through the middle behind etc. Can't help with putting it back in or replacing but I intend to do the deadener but a hard based rear wall like 3mm wall or composite. Just haven't got that far. I'm not going to shayne's extent as I don't want the weight but I do want to hang an amp or amp/sub combo and trim it in cloth rather than the vinyl look.
It should go back on alright if your deadener is not too thick. I'll likely use heavier trim clips or more likely nutserts if they will fit into the depth of the holes.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,557 Posts
This is what i did. Jammed in at the bottom and only fix in at the top.

You've got 15mm to play with behind the holes where the M6 bolts go through.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The hard wall sounds good fester but I cant afford to give up any room because im putting a compc Kicker sub in the gap between wall and seats.
I like what MQTray has done, scew at top, tuck behind carpet at bottom..
I might even grab a sheet of perspex and use that method to mount my amp over the factory trim. Thanks men. ;)

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
No doubt there is more than one way to skin this cat. But when it comes to mounting audio gear I always try and use timber. If you are sticking a sub back there somewhere some wood would help. If you could I would use wood. ;)

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
The hard wall sounds good fester but I cant afford to give up any room because im putting a compc Kicker sub in the gap between wall and seats.
I like what MQTray has done, scew at top, tuck behind carpet at bottom..
I might even grab a sheet of perspex and use that method to mount my amp over the factory trim. Thanks men. ;)
I hear what you are saying but I'm talking about 3mm ally or composite so you are only 3mm proud of the original steel work. I'm not a fan of timber but I understand it's purpose but of course that does eat up a bit more depth.

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sound deadening in and what a difference..Doors next when running speaker cable.

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went back together perfectly and still looks factory..
The only trouble I had was where the plastic fits under the window rubber (mr nissan put a strip of the worsst tape) but some naughty words, a scraper and a knife solved the problem.
Took her for a drive when finnished..HEAPS quieter, will be like a benz when I do the doors.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
There are two 8" Alpine subwoofers, and two Focal 6.5" midrange woofers in the speaker boxes, The Alpine monoblock amp drives the subwoofers, and the Boston Acoustic reference series amp drives the 6.5" Focals, and also two Focal 5" midrange woofers and two tweeters in the front.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts