Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know that if a Electrical item such as the Playstation 3 is purchased direct from USA will it work with our power supply. Is there any difference or reason why won't work.

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,165 Posts
Apart from the fact that the US run on 110 volts and has a different plug, and we run 240 v. You could do it if you bought a 240 to 110 v step down transformer.

·
Banned
616 Posts
Actualy, not really, at least with certanty not PS2 and Xbox.
I have done it in reverse, took my xbox with me once to the states.
I have also had a US PLAYSTATION 2 game sent to me here from the States.
You can adapt the power and run your games no worries, thats not the issue.
The issue is you can't play Oz games on a US console and vice versa.
So if you bring a US playstation back to Oz, you will be needing US games.
I have no direct experience with PS3 but I would suggest it will not have changed and you would do well to look into this closely.

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
The PS3 games are not region coded. But you will only be able to play region A blurays and region 1 dvd on it shane. As for power you need to buy a step down transformer shane. USA are only 110v and we run 240v.... Other option is to try looking at say the UK they run 240v same as us just different plug. But the ps3 power cable is just a standard fig 8 cable in the back they not hard wired..

·
Registered
460 Posts
In Australia a pictures on the TV are in PAL format, in America they are NTSC. Therefore you can not play Aussie games on an american PS3 or vice versa.

·
Registered
nissan
55 Posts
i bought my son a few games while in americy. didnt work. apparently there is a way to get them to work, but may cause issues with the system when you go to play games bought in aust.
if you are a computer geek, or wizard, you may get away with it.
Paul

·
Registered
Nissan
795 Posts
if you can get one form japan they are all 240 rated and you can change them to the area code for australia as with dvd and the such, and they are cheaper than usa...company called Yobadashi (big chain) sells everything

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
In Australia a pictures on the TV are in PAL format, in America they are NTSC. Therefore you can not play Aussie games on an american PS3 or vice versa.
Yes we run the Pal system in australia and they use NTSC in the USA but all modern tvs now use both systems. Usa dvds are in NTSC but you are able to play them back thru a region free dvd player. as for the video playback that is determinded by the tv being able to decode the signal sent to it from the PS3, dvd, vcr, blu ray player.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts