Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reposted for Trucksters Joy (LoL Mate)

Some of you might be a member of this forum. But if not, and you would like to make a donation to help some people suffering in the floods, have a look at what they have set up. They have already sent a bank transfer to a family that they feel could use a bit of extra cash at the moment. Much quicker than any big flood fund could organize we think.

First link for details of where to send your donation.

4x4 Earth Queensland Flood Fund - 4x4 Earth
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/community-announcements/10369-4x4-earth-queensland-flood-fund.html

Second thread to show the quick action taken.

Flood Fund Recipients - 4x4 Earth

Cheers.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,099 Posts

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Why ONLY the premiers flood appeal????????????????

logistically correct!
coming from an Emergency Services background,
its much much easier to logistically handle if its in one pool and not many.

every dollar raised through the premiers flood appeal is going back to the people.

not accusing anyone or anything,
but the money raised from 4x4 earth, who or where is that going to?

there are alot of people at need in QLD, doesnt matter there suituation prior to these floods, but at a time like this, every one involved deserves to be treated equal.

one releif fund is all thats needed, if there is more, then, quite alot of people will miss out on a second scoop of money in the second bucket.

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
i know your doing well, and trying to help..
and im not being negative towards to the 4x4 earth forum..

but all monies wanting to be donated to the QLD flood appeal,
should be done so ONLY to the Premiers Flood Appeal.

Donate to the flood relief appeal : Queensland Government

haha, theres my bit of 'FLOOD' efforts :D
Why??? so it can end up like the money from the black saturday appeal.
Going to people that did'nt lose their home or livestock,but because THEY LIVED IN THE DISTRICT they could claim some money.
The money should have gone to familys who lost everything not someone who still has everything.

·
Registered
nissan MQ
185 Posts
It is a very difficult thing to be fair to every one. You would have to know a lot of personal details about how 'financial' all these people are. Some one losing their house is not the whole picture of that family. They might be millionaires who can easily replace it. I know that's a bit of an extreme case.

But there are so many variations. For example you would need to look into what extended family might be able to support them, and how financially well off all of them, the extended family, are. And how ready and willing they are to give that support. Obviously I don't think even the best government relief organizations would be able to delve into the whole story, the private details if you like, of each family who has suffered.

And also obviously, any money we give is only going to be able to help a few lucky recipients. The ones we choose by whatever means available. I guess its a bit like winning the lottery. We don't knock people for getting lucky in a raffle do we? But at least we can feel that if it was not for our efforts, then these few people would be waiting for a long time for any help. This is just a bit of a lucky quick little financial boost for them.

And on the bigger picture, from reading the papers, it looks like the huge amounts needed to fix the damage is going to be many billions, and so all Australians will be paying - either unwittingly in the way of higher rents, higher food prices, etc. etc. , and maybe, probably, in the form of a taxation surcharge on all employed people. I think that's where 90% of the relief funds will be coming from. But that will take a lot of time to get organized.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,099 Posts
Why??? so it can end up like the money from the black saturday appeal.
Going to people that did'nt lose their home or livestock,but because THEY LIVED IN THE DISTRICT they could claim some money.
The money should have gone to familys who lost everything not someone who still has everything.

Agree with that. The first round of cash went to a young family with 2 little kids in Rocky who are still boating around. He is out of work because his work is wet and still stuffed and will be for some time with little prospects of an early return.

They were chosen by a local who soon heard how tough they were doing it.

They were very, very, very appreciative.

·
Registered
331 Posts
yer sorry guys i think i agree with old school on this one but then i dont know much about this other mob so maybe i cant say much.

Like he said but at least EVERY dollar goes to some one in the aria.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
I would be very cautious with donating money to government and be very selective with specific NGO charities. Take some time to see which charities have the best track record at responding to domestic disasters and who have the capacity to do the work needed. Usually governments everywhere are very ineffective and wasteful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts