Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm after your help.
18 months ago i became quite ill. I contracted a rare kidney disease, that destroyed my kidney function in 6 weeks. The fight to treat this disease has been a long one.
I am now free of the disease, but left with no kidney function, and have dialysis 3 times a week and now urgently need a kidney transplant.
For more detailed information about my illness, there is a write up on the link below.
At 32 years of age, and having a Wife and 5 Kids, this has been pretty taxing on the family.
The cost of treatment has been huge, and everything has been put on hold for the entire family.
We used to enjoy camping and 4wding on a regular basis, but due to my dialysis, i can no longer go on holidays let alone camping in the bush/beach holidays.
The kids have not been able to participate in after school sport and activities, as the funds have just not been there.
I also got a screw thru the tyre on my truck, but am unable to afford to have it repaired. (I spend a lot of time at the servo filling it up these days).
SO..................
I'm not a charity case, and i'm not asking for money, all i ask is for 2 minutes of your time.
I have entered a competition with my bank, for which they are giving away 3 prizes of $25,000. All i have to do is be one of the 3 highest scoring stories, and we will win one of the prizes.
So if you have a facebook account, and would like to help out a fellow 4wder, please click on the below link, have a read of my story, and click on the "Like" button next to the picture of my ugly mug.
If you could also re-post on your own facebook page to help me get a few more votes, that would be muchly appreciated.

http://apps.facebook.com/cuathreewishes ... ls/?id=258

Above is the link to read my story and add your vote.
thanks heaps for your support.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Hey mate hope all is well, I have liked your mug lol. If I was closer I would give a hand.

Hope things brighten up, keep us posted!

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
Good luck with it all mate, hope everything works out.
I Hit like aswell

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
Adam, count me on the list of hitting like,
Best of Luck with your treatment, hope things work out for you.

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
liked and shared on my page thing as well. when you like it you will need to copy and paste the link to the specific page as well. a very hard situation to be in and my best wishes for you and your family. your whole family seems amazing. next time you go past your local tyre shop get them to fax me an invoice to into parts on 5335 1688 for a tyre repair and i will fix it up for you. not a charity offer just a bloke helping a mate he hasnt met yet. consider it a life lesson learnt from watchin the movie "pay it forward."

all the best for the future and hope everything starts to roll your way. nothing is more important than family.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
All the best Mate.

I have an inkling of what you are going through. I was Clinical Nurse Consultant in charge of dialysis. Had about 100+ patients to look after. I worked in dialysis for about 30 years.

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
How do I copy this to my facebook page?

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
Done fella, good luck.

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Not on facebook mate but... Edit: Just realized the missus is on it and now doing the 'like' and adding to her page thing.....will come down and help with the truck if needed, PM if you need some help. Good luck and all the best.

·
Registered
nissan
1,528 Posts
Done, best of luck with your treatment Adam.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts