Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GRX 2003
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please share how you got your subwoofers installed...

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
i'll be keeping an eye on this too.

when i get a chance, i'll post up photos of how mines done at present.

Right now,

2 x AMPS - under each front seat
1 x Sub - sitting loose in the cargo area
Standard door speakers
7" multimedia touch screen head unit
1x Rockford power fuse block under the hood (Drivers side)
1 x Rockford Power Splitter - under the passenger seat

Future,

Will be something similar to the photo above. In my mind I have an image (from a photo posted up here a while ago) where instead of having the sub and amp mounted to the back of the draws, they are recessed into it somehow.

Of course whats stopping me doing that at present is I dont have the draws.. lol

Adam

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts
I work as a car audio fitter, i first built a tool/sub box for my wagon (bored at work and wanted something to do) then i decided (half way through rebuilding the missus stezza) that i wanted draws for my trol lol (she wasnt really happy cos its been 4 months since i pulled hers apart) because im in the industry my own stereo needs to be LOUD!! and handle a freaking big thrashing,

ALPINE
CDE-114BTi btooth,ipod,usb,aux in,cd mp3 wma etc etc only 2 preouts tho :( FOR SALE!!
2 X SWR 1223D 12inch Type R Subs in 28.32L Boxes Each
MRP-M1000 1000WRMS Mono
MRP-F600 110 WRMS 4 channel @ 2 OHM

JBL
P6562 2 way Power Splits (front)
P6562c 2 way Power coax (rear)

Goes like a cut snake.
Follow photobucket link and check the fotos...

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

·
Registered
nissan patrol
31 Posts
i'm rollin an 8" powered blaupunkt subby under drivers seat. standard speakers all round with dvd, gps, usb, sd full of tunes and movies for a bored passenger up front. pics of it will come soon enough along with the rest of my endless build up..........sound sweet too. very happy. ps. that rear door looks pretty heavy bearemy gu? how's the hinges holding up?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GRX 2003
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I work as a car audio fitter, i first built a tool/sub box for my wagon (bored at work and wanted something to do) then i decided (half way through rebuilding the missus stezza) that i wanted draws for my trol lol (she wasnt really happy cos its been 4 months since i pulled hers apart) because im in the industry my own stereo needs to be LOUD!! and handle a freaking big thrashing,

ALPINE
CDE-114BTi btooth,ipod,usb,aux in,cd mp3 wma etc etc only 2 preouts tho :( FOR SALE!!
2 X SWR 1223D 12inch Type R Subs in 28.32L Boxes Each
MRP-M1000 1000WRMS Mono
MRP-F600 110 WRMS 4 channel @ 2 OHM

JBL
P6562 2 way Power Splits (front)
P6562c 2 way Power coax (rear)

Goes like a cut snake.
Follow photobucket link and check the fotos...

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

very nice,
that's what I'm looking for...have a JL AUDIO 4ch amp for the speakers, and a mono amp for the subs...just wondering if there are good ideas of fitting the subs, I need to keep some cargo spaces

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts
TOnka, my amps ONLY JUST fit in there, the seat clips down properly still and only just has enough room in between the seat locks. wen i built it i wasnt sure wtf i was gonna do with them cos they r so big, i was even gonna sell the amps and buy pdx's. if u r gonna put amps down there then just make sure they arent really thick amps, i think mine r 45mm high, if u line them up about 5mm from the dent in the floor for the locks u shud b fine, i have also done many patrols at work with the amps under seats and single sub etc, and i have also used several of them blaupunkt powered subs in cars too (even mums 80 cruiser wagon) they arent a bad product but focal make a better one in 8'' or 10'' for about $500 and alpine also makes one but it is a bit taller then the rest i think but also runs more mower and is around the $500 mark too i think. with my draws i still managed to get a depth of 700mm so i only lost about 150mm depth by doing what i did.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,171 Posts
Some nice installs but what's pics of your subwoofers got to do with GU/GR's , maybe it should be in the General Patrol Discussion section

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
177 Posts
i have mind strapped to the cargo barrier, but it is removable if the space is needed.
The amp is under the drivers seat

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts