Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
08 ZD30 CRD
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my Troll out to Fraser Island this Christmas (DEC 2021) Inskip Manta-Ray ferry boarding queue, at 5:22 am. (It was a bloody long drive from Sydney).
Sky Car Automotive carrying rack Cloud Vehicle

75mile beach at sunrise - it was magic - and a nice shot came out of it :D (Still at 20PSI here)
Tire Cloud Sky Wheel Land vehicle

I got bogged at N'gala rocks; Came in with 20psi, and then after spending good 30 minutes trying to get out of other people's way I went down to 12 - and then just idled out of there grandpa style.
Cloud Sky Car Tire Wheel

So many different sceneries are there to be seen on the island.
Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car

Lessons learned:
Lower your tire pressure when on the sand down to 12psi.
I absolutely LOVE sand driving.
Fraser Island is my number one favourite place in the whole world.
Those little f***ers are called sandfly, or a midge.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,443 Posts
Was that your girst trip to Fraser? Haven't been there in a long time, was a regular September Taylor fisherman up the top end in the 70's.

·
Premium Member
2009 GU
356 Posts
I took my Troll out to Fraser Island this Christmas (DEC 2021) Inskip Manta-Ray ferry boarding queue, at 5:22 am. (It was a bloody long drive from Sydney).
View attachment 538109

75mile beach at sunrise - it was magic - and a nice shot came out of it :D (Still at 20PSI here)
View attachment 538110

I got bogged at N'gala rocks; Came in with 20psi, and then after spending good 30 minutes trying to get out of other people's way I went down to 12 - and then just idled out of there grandpa style.
View attachment 538111

So many different sceneries are there to be seen on the island.
View attachment 538112

Lessons learned:
Lower your tire pressure when on the sand down to 12psi.
I absolutely LOVE sand driving.
Fraser Island is my number one favourite place in the whole world.
One of the best spots in the world. Looks like you had a great time!

·
Registered
nissan
604 Posts
Yes the midgies are a speciality, you develop a resistance to them over time (so the bites stop itching sooner).
at least the sand wasn’t too dry, that can make driving much harder. I did that drive last year and that wasn’t much fun. At least you get here in a hurry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts