Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gents,

i have a polaris ng7700 in my GU. when it works good, it works great. it has on road GPS, off-road HEMA gps, bluetooth, USB, iPod connection, reversing camera, AM/FM.

unfortunately some times the unit just plain refuses to turn on. the lights on the unit come on, but the screen stays blank and resetting it won't fix it. in addition to that, the CPU in it seems to be horridly slow, which can be frustrating at times. the blank-screen issue seems to have something to do with my redarc dual battery controller as it usually only happens when the vehicle has been cold for a short time. when it has been off long enough for the dual battery controller to switch off (6+ hrs) then it will turn on. but it is an intermittent issue, so clearly a polaris problem rather than a redarc one.

i have done some googling and it seems everyone has similar problems and polaris is about as much help as a snatch strap on your lonesome. i am getting sick of this and am keen to replace it. what are my best options?? after the polaris i want something reliable. it must have on-road GPS, reversing camera and bluetooth. i can do off-road GPS on my iPhone if need be. has anyone got anything good?? i am hesitant for an eBay china unit because i figure they won't be much better than the polaris, especially if it stuffs up.

cheers for your advice!!

dan

·
Registered
nissan
91 Posts
Dan
I too have the same unit and while I haven't experienced the same issue I have had issues with the volum turning up by it self for example when I go around a round a bout the volum will in crease... have you tried reprogramming the unit and removing the polaris software and adding your own...its something I wanted to try but haven't found any info on it anywhere....

·
Registered
nissan
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
charli; nah mate, haven't heard that was possible?? any ideas on where to start??

burra; cheers mate, will look into it!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts