Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a set of 50mm poly spring spacers just to raise the height of the car
I dont do any off-road driving work only beach driving for good fishing spots
Would the poly spacers be a good option for me or should just go for 50mm springs
Also with raising the troll 50mm can i still use the current shocks as they are less than 3 weeks old.
One place told me i also need to change the bushes and get extended brake lines yet from what i have read in some posts that only 75mm and above needs the bushes and extended brake lines along with other mods
Cheers guys!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
my experience is that poly spring spacers will work better than aftermarket 2" springs anyway. Factory ride quality and more flex.

factory length shocks are fine to use with 2" spacers. You will miss out on some available droop travel, but stilll have more than most 2" spring lifts give you anyway.

I just changed from Pedders 2" HD progressive front and Kings KDPR43 LWB P/RATE Rear (not heavy duty, the softest LWB spring they make) to factory front springs with 50mm spacers and my old set of Kings KDRR41 SWB linear rate rear springs with factory length shocks. I gained 39mm more bump travel and 7mm more droop travel in the front, and 63mm more bump travel and 20mm more droop travel in the rear compared to the 2" lift springs apparently designed for the vehicle. Not to mention a heap better ride quality.

You don't need longer brake lines with a 2" lift. Offset castor bushes are nice, but not required either.

·
Registered
nissan
97 Posts
I've got 50mm spacers in the rear and 30mm in the front. Overall it's give me a 25mm lift because the old springs were quite sagged, especially the rear. I bought the spacers just as a temporary measure to address the sagging as I didn't want to spend a fortune on new suspension after just buying it. I haven't put in extended brake lines or castor correction and I don't think it needs it for my current 1" lift.

Spacers are a cheap way to lift but on the other hand, they actually do lift your vehicle. 2" springs aren't any longer than stock usually, unless you pay twice as much and get flexy coils.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Spacers are a cheap way to lift but on the other hand, they actually do lift your vehicle. 2" springs aren't any longer than stock usually, unless you pay twice as much and get flexy coils.
yep, the LWB 2" springs I have at home are the same free length or even marginally shorter than stock. They do lift your vehicle, it's just that they rely totally on much higher spring rates to get that 2" lift, so the springs don't compress anywhere near as much when the weight of the car is on them. That has 3 results:
1. the car is 2" higher in static ride height
2. the ride quality is significantly worse
3. you get less flex

·
Registered
nissan
97 Posts
Yeah I shouldn't have said that it doesn't lift the vehicle, it does, but it doesn't add any flex. Coil spacers themselves won't add any flex but you should be able to run longer shocks. I haven't measured my vehicle to see how long I could go with shocks but I imagine I could run 3" or 4" shocks.

·
Registered
nissan
18 Posts
Sorry for the hijack but im looking at heading up the cape next year and i think the 2 inch lift has been in from nearly new and appears to be sagging (127000ks 07 crd). ive got a kaymar rear bar and dual long range tanks and will be loaded obviously. Im trying to keep the costs down a bit, should i put spacers in or go a whole new suspension kit? it has a tjm kit in it at the moment, im going to see them tomorrow but im assuming they'll just tell me to get a full new setup. If so would i have to replace everything or just springs & shocks??
Cheers
Al

·
obi 1 patientnewby !
nissan
495 Posts
Sounds like you don't have the right springs in the rear, if you just use spacers to lift it up, the spring rate will still be to soft and you could find the truck bottoming out on the bigger bumps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts