Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a 2.5" exhaust system fitted to the GU today, get home and have a look under the car and found this lovely welding job

I'm not happy with it and will be going back tomorrow to ask for it to be replaced
This is supposed to be a bolt on system from the cat back so christ knows why it needed welding in the first place
But would anyone here accept this sort of work?
I won't be naming the shop just yet pending their response

·
Registered
nissan
308 Posts
WHHOOOAHH that's shocking!! all bird ****! that would'nt hold for long, bet it's full of hole also.. piss poor job.

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
that would have to be the worst weld i have ever come across! Would be definitely going back, no way would i be happy to keep that.

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Good luck with it mate. Keep us updated.

At least your pics are of good quality :)

·
BLACK BETTY
607 Posts
Must of been lot of seagulls flying around.
What a terrible job. I cannot believe they expect to get away with that.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same weld but from the other side

When I rang them to ask if the car was ready they said yes but because the job took longer than they thought would I be prepared to pay an extra $75
I politely declined that offer and said that I am prepared to pay what was quoted
I just wish I had looked at the job before paying because I certainly wouldn't have accepted it but because this store is part of a national chain I thought I would be alright
Silly bloody me eh

·
Registered
nissan patrol
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unsupervised apprentice - what do you expect?
Possibly mate, But I guess I just expected a better job than this
This was quoted as a bolt on system so I don't know where the welding had to come into it
Maybe it just didn't fit right and they had to cut and shut
The rest of the exhaust is fine and I think I have gained some power but time will tell

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Be on guard is what you have showen me,.
Shame you paid them at all, Given the chance again I would not have payed them at all, and said see you at small clames.
So how did you get on, did you have a win or just settle ?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
That is clearly not what you wanted. Ask them to put your old exhaust back on or threaten to go to government (small claim tribunal? Not sure who you go to). I wouldn't even want them to fix it. But make sure EVERYTHING is in writing. Send an email right now with pictures and make sure it has a receipt so that u have proof they got it.

I think legally you have to give them a chance to fix it? As much as you may not want them to touch your car again.

But EVERYTHING in writing.... don't mean to repeat myself, but it's what you need.

·
Registered
nissan
1,730 Posts
I thought I was the worlds worst welder...until now. I would demand they fix it AND refund my money - that is embarrasing work, but I reckon the owner of the business wouldn't be aware they turned out such rubbish. I imagine if you approach the owner calmly they will want to make everything better. You mentioned it is a national chain, so if that doesn't work a quick call to the head office often helps with their enthusiasm. Hope it works out well in the end.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the support guys
I have to give them a chance to fix it that is a given but I am prepared to take it as far as I need to
At this stage I will remain polite but firm and just keep a few aces up my sleeve for now

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
but honestly how many people wouldnt check the welds thats terrible, im no gun welder but honestlt that is shocking

·
Registered
nissan
308 Posts
There is the saftey factor also. that weld would leak exhaust gas, i bet a leak check would fail... it must be cut off and rewelded.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
154 Posts
if u cut that bit out u would find a lot more/worse. so your 2 1/2 system would b more like 2'' at that section.
id say sum boat people welded it with a dark pair of sunnys

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.